Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The article title is misleading, in the article itself it's a different category, for instance, I don't think anyone in the world considers Safonov a top 5 KHL player right now, it's just the other KHL vets that are the best players in the League aren't "prospects".

There are five players, either under contract to or under the control of NHL teams, who are the most ready talents in the collective league umbrella.

None have played in an NHL game.

This list isn’t about franchise-altering players like Connor Bedard of the Chicago Blackhawks, who is a strong favourite to win the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year. This list isn’t about players who have been drafted and developed in junior (like Wyatt Johnson of the Dallas Stars) and stepped immediately into the NHL.

This is about pro players who have made their reputations in hockey leagues across the world and are at the very edge of making an NHL dream come true.

LD Hardy Haman Aktell - Washington
LW Jiri Kulich - Buffalo
RD Simon Nemec - New Jersey
LD Alexander Nikishin - Carolina
C Ilya Safonov - Chicago

Thank you.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The more I look at it, the more I think the article was probably like "5 intriguing pro prospects that haven't yet played in the NHL" and some over-zealous editor decided they needed a more click-baity title like "5 best players not in the NHL" or whatever.

Reactions: Muffinalt

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Future Lines (1) Kantserov Bedard Reichel (2) Nazar Moore Lardis (3) Hayes Greene Dach (4) Misiak Ludwinski Savoie

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
EP posted their top 100 prospects list this week. Now I'm not a subscriber, but apparently all of Bedard, KK, Nazar, Moore, EDM, and Kaiser made the list.

Bedard is obviously at the top, they had Nazar and Moore side-by-side (16 and 17 if I'm not mistaken), KK is at 31 (feel he's better than the previous two, but whatevs), and the other two guys are well outside the top 50.

So 32 NHL teams, and yet we occupy 4 of the first 32 spots. Not bad.

Reactions: hawksrule

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Fortin was basically just a pair of skates, Kantserov has legitimate talent even if his chance of reaching his upside is low. Odd comparison

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
You forgot Cole Eiserman who we will draft in 2024 - Reichel-Bedard-Eiserman
Unless we win the lottery once again I cant see us sinking that low, my guess is 5th from the bottom . Replying to Kantserov question , the video's I've watched seem to show fabulous hands . I would prefer a little more size next to Connor .

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Fortin was fast, that was it. And like 2 people liked him.
I don’t think that’s true. He was really hyped during those prospect camps. Now it’s probably because of how shallow our orospect pool was at the time tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad