All-Purpose News Thread Part II

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
CNBC Sport TKO Group to acquire IMG, Professional Bull Riders and On Location from Endeavor for $3.25 billion

TKO Group, the company that owns WWE and UFC, is expanding into sports-adjacent properties by acquiring three businesses for $3.25 billion from its controlling owner, Endeavor Group.

The businesses are Professional Bull Riders, On Location, and IMG, the companies announced Thursday. The deal is all stock, and Endeavor’s ownership in TKO will increase from 53% to 59%.

The transaction expands TKO’s strategic ambitions by broadening its sports focus beyond the operation of leagues. While the company does acquire a new league in PBR, the world’s largest bull riding league, it also is expanding into luxury hospitality with On Location and media rights consultancy through IMG.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't know that I would pay that to see my team in a Super bowl
I paid $270 for risers next to the ramp at WM30 and risers just off the floor behind the announce booths at 33 were $250.

Just pure insanity.

912H45AyCaL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

33711430211_1750dc9893_b.jpg

So much for going to Vegas in April. That and the fact the dollar is trash right now. I will be there in a few weeks though, haha.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
4th last row in section 400 is $1750 for one ticket on the pre-sale.
Well, you have WWE actively promoting how successful their price gouging is, but also this is Vegas, a place people go to gleefully set money on fire.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well, you have WWE actively promoting how successful their price gouging is, but also this is Vegas, a place people go to gleefully set money on fire.
My favorite is when they get in the ring and obnoxiously announce "TONIGHT IS THE HIGHEST GROSSING WWE EVENT!" and then everyone cheers like sheep.

Congrats, you got fleeced, folks.

Reactions: Fro

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Ah yeah didn't realize it was Vegas, I had friends go last year when the Steelers were playing the Raiders, and the hotel rooms that were usually $50-75 bucks a night on Fremont street were magically $250-300+ per night, so fluctuating prices is nothing new there

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ah yeah didn't realize it was Vegas, I had friends go last year when the Steelers were playing the Raiders, and the hotel rooms that were usually $50-75 bucks a night on Fremont street were magically $250-300+ per night, so fluctuating prices is nothing new there
I was surprised when I checked the flights for Wrestlemania weekend. They were actually the same as what I'm paying to head to Vegas mid November which is $600 CAD return.

Checked the hotels with Caesars entertainment and because I have status there, they were really cheap. Planet Hollywood was only $27 per night, haha. The resort fees were more expensive at $33

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I was surprised when I checked the flights for Wrestlemania weekend. They were actually the same as what I'm paying to head to Vegas mid November which is $600 CAD return.

Checked the hotels with Caesars entertainment and because I have status there, they were really cheap. Planet Hollywood was only $27 per night, haha. The resort fees were more expensive at $33

That is surprising that they didn't jack them up, you know people are coming to town, might as well gouge them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad