All-Purpose News Thread Part II

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean if you’re gonna sign somebody and then not use them at all then wtf was the point of signing them?

To me it’s pretty clear they didn’t want her going to the competition so they paid her a bunch of money without actually having a plan for her
Like I said we have absolutely no clue what is going on with that. The entire premise that Tony signed her with the intention of not using her is honestly so wildly ridiculous it isn’t even worth the discussion lol something happened in between signing her and her debuting.

Reactions: Fro and SnS

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Like I said we have absolutely no clue what is going on with that. The entire premise that Tony signed her with the intention of not using her is honestly so wildly ridiculous it isn’t even worth the discussion lol something happened in between signing her and her debuting.
Not with the intention of not using her, but with the intention of keeping her away from the WWE . Them not having any sort of plan on what to do with her is just something that came along with that. I don’t see how you can argue with that tbh. There was rumors of her going to both places, AEW won the bidding war, and they haven’t had anything for her to do since. Now she’s annoyed

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Where does she fit in right now? All of the top women are currently in a feud

Toni/Mariah
Mone/baker
Willow/stat
Thunder/Deonna

What else is there for her? I guess RoH? But then everyone will complain about that

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Toni/Mariah
Mone/baker
Willow/stat
Thunder/Deonna

What else is there for her? I guess RoH? But then everyone will complain about that
Does she have any preexisting relationships with anyone? Is she generally a heel? Could bring her in as a hired gun/bodyguard for Mercedes

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Toni/Mariah
Mone/baker
Willow/stat
Thunder/Deonna

She’s been signed since like January, we are halfway through July. “Where does she fit in?” THEN DONT SIGN HER!

Again, they signed her with zero plan. The only thing that mattered to them was making sure they were the ones that got her regardless of that fact.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not with the intention of not using her, but with the intention of keeping her away from the WWE . Them not having any sort of plan on what to do with her is just something that came along with that. I don’t see how you can argue with that tbh. There was rumors of her going to both places, AEW won the bidding war, and they haven’t had anything for her to do since. Now she’s annoyed
Again you are speaking like you know exactly what is going on when you don’t lol they could have had plans agreed too when they signed her and then things went sideways. To think they signed her for the sole purpose of her not ending up in WWE is honestly ridiculous. Couldn’t you say that about literally every single signing then? They signed her with the intention of using her….something happened in the time in between that you don’t know what it is and neither do I…so obviously they just signed her so Hunter couldn’t lol makes absolutely no sense. Was Vaquer only signed so she didn’t end up in AEW? lol or do we have to wait 6 months to see if they bury her first.

Reactions: Fro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Again you are speaking like you know exactly what is going on when you don’t lol they could have had plans agreed too when they signed her and then things went sideways. To think they signed her for the sole purpose of her not ending up in WWE is honestly ridiculous. Couldn’t you say that about literally every single signing then? They signed her with the intention of using her….something happened in the time in between that you don’t know what it is and neither do I…so obviously they just signed her so Hunter couldn’t lol makes absolutely no sense. Was Vaquer only signed so she didn’t end up in AEW? lol or do we have to wait 6 months to see if they bury her first.
No because AEW usually will at least debut somebody before fading them into obscurity. They’ve done literally nothing with her, that’s weird.

If Vaquer sits on her ass for 8 months then sure! Something tells me they probably came up with a plan before signing her though because they usually do for their high profile international signings. She won’t be subtweeting their creative in a half year wondering what’s going on

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
No because AEW usually will at least debut somebody before fading them into obscurity. They’ve done literally nothing with her, that’s weird.

If Vaquer sits on her ass for 8 months then sure! Something tells me they probably came up with a plan before signing her though because they usually do for their high profile international signings. She won’t be subtweeting their creative in a half year wondering what’s going on
I fully agree that it is weird that she hasn’t debuted lol I just don’t agree that it’s obvious they only signed her to keep her away from WWE.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Between her and Giulia, Roxy is about to get her ass kicked horribly.
As much as Strong Style is my preferred type of wrestling, I've never understand why people act like wrestlers who work stiff are badasses. Not saying you do but lots do. If anything the wrestler taking the stiff shots is more badass than the wrestler who hits for real in a fake fight.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kamille should get a lot more public about the fact that she’s signed and they’ve refused to use her, and also ask for her release unless they come up with something immediately.

• Haha

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As much as Strong Style is my preferred type of wrestling, I've never understand why people act like wrestlers who work stiff are badasses. Not saying you do but lots do. If anything the wrestler taking the stiff shots is more badass than the wrestler who hits for real in a fake fight.

You don’t really have matches where one person works stiff and the other doesn’t though. There’s a different kind of intensity to the person working that.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
You don’t really have matches where one person works stiff and the other doesn’t though. There’s a different kind of intensity to the person working that.
Yeah, typically the opponent switches to wrestling stiff too but in some cases they're not booked to get much if any offense in. I'm not really complaining though as I enjoy watching stiff matches. Just think it's funny how some fans act like Asuka, Guila etc are so badass when Ronda Rousey could tear any one of them from limb to limb.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, typically the opponent switches to wrestling stiff too but in some cases they're not booked to get much if any offense in. I'm not really complaining though as I enjoy watching stiff matches. Just think it's funny how some fans act like Asuka, Guila etc are so badass when Ronda Rousey could tear any one of them from limb to limb.
Ronda does work hard, we just never got to see her against Asuka like we should have.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave saying that CMLL and New Japan understandably not happy with how Stephanie Vaquer is leaving. I do find it a bit hard to believe that WWE wouldn’t want her to do good business on the way out.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Dave saying that CMLL and New Japan understandably not happy with how Stephanie Vaquer is leaving. I do find it a bit hard to believe that WWE wouldn’t want her to do good business on the way out.
Hs has let all the previous indi signings let their dates so this seems to be her decision. Maybe still upset about the lack of support for her from the lucha community with the ex-boyfriend trying kill her?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hs has let all the previous indi signings let their dates so this seems to be her decision. Maybe still upset about the lack of support for her from the lucha community with the ex-boyfriend trying kill her?

I guess only she can answer but she’s said she is on good terms.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't mean the company but the community. I read several Mexican wrestlers called her a liar or didn't believe her.
There was Rush and someone else. But not Dragon Lee. There was a rumor that she would not do any show Rush was at, I don’t if that happened before, but Rush had the MJF match and then disappeared for Forbidden Door. That would’ve made it hard for her to be in AEW though. I don’t know how much of a slight in itself it would be to CMLL, they weren’t there at the same time, but others may have been. She was one of the main people on that San Jose show.

WWE did also let Karl Anderson go back to New Japan at Wrestle Kingdom to drop the NEVER title, but it took a long time.

I wonder if she was already out of contract.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave is writing that WWE is considering two new championships although I don’t have a sub so I don’t know what they are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad