All-Purpose News Thread Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve never been to Indianapolis but it feels like the biggest nothing city in the US. There’s no reason to be there other than something happened to be there. Good news for Pat McAfee though.

Reactions: Voight

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I’ve never been to Indianapolis but it feels like the biggest nothing city in the US. There’s no reason to be there other than something happened to be there. Good news for Pat McAfee though.

I spent ~10 days there for work in 2004 and don't recall much. Then again, I spent most of the time either in a hospital basement or in my hotel room since I wasn't old enough to have a rental car. The people were exceedingly nice though.

I forget if the reason they host the NFL combine every year was that it was an approximate midpoint for all the team to fly.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I spent ~10 days there for work in 2004 and don't recall much. Then again, I spent most of the time either in a hospital basement or in my hotel room since I wasn't old enough to have a rental car. The people were exceedingly nice though.

I forget if the reason they host the NFL combine every year was that it was an approximate midpoint for all the team to fly.
There’s places I would go that would be cool, and if Wrestlemania were there that it would be awesome, but it would disappoint me if I was one of these people who go to Wrestlemania for my vacation every year and it’s in Indianapolis. It’s a place I would visit if I was doing something, like if the Flyers were playing there or something, but not like something I would plan a huge thing for.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1719092412632.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave is saying Giulia will not be ready for Heatwave. Guessing this puts the Sareee match in jeopardy too.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
MVP is now claiming that The Hurt Business was broken up for racial reasons. :amazed:

from wrestlinginc.com:

intro-1719082696.webp

WWE's MVP hasn't held back as it pertains to the dissolution of The Hurt Business. As Bobby Lashley's manager, MVP established The Hurt Business as a faction with the additions of Shelton Benjamin and newly-minted heel Cedric Alexander on "WWE Raw" in 2020. They would go on to dominate briefly, Lashley as the United States Champion, Alexander and Benjamin as "Raw" Tag Team Champions.

But not long after Lashley captured the WWE Championship in 2021 he ejected them from the group, proceeding with MVP as his manager through teased reunions that never lasted until they also split, with MVP aligning with Omos. MVP recently reminisced over the group on Instagram, prompting some replies calling for them to reunite, asking where it went wrong, and suggesting he continue the brand with Lashley and The Street Profits. To that particular idea he replied, "ABSOLUTELY not!", elaborating elsewhere, "If it ain't the original, it ain't with me."

The former United States Champion further addressed the idea that Vince McMahon was the one to put the pin in the group, noting that WWE CCO Triple H could have reunited the group when he took over creative. "And his son in law never put it back together," he replied, adding on the "lackluster reunions" in the years since, "And you know who did that..." Several other replies from MVP indicated that the idea was pitched to Triple H but he rejected it, mentioning that he'd want Benjamin re-signed, but the current regime doesn't want to.

MVP also suggested racial connotations were at play when it came to The Hurt Business being left on the scrap heap. One comment had pointed to an infamous promo exchange between Triple H and Booker T during the 2000s where he said to his challenger that people like him don't get to be champion, and are only there to be make people like himself laugh. Whether or not that was intended to be racist has been disputed, but many took the promo, specifically the latter portion, as an allusion to minstrelsy. MVP agreed with that reference, further saying, "You see it," when one user said that "The Triple H era is emasculating black men."

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
MVP is now claiming that The Hurt Business was broken up for racial reasons. :amazed:

from wrestlinginc.com:

intro-1719082696.webp

WWE's MVP hasn't held back as it pertains to the dissolution of The Hurt Business. As Bobby Lashley's manager, MVP established The Hurt Business as a faction with the additions of Shelton Benjamin and newly-minted heel Cedric Alexander on "WWE Raw" in 2020. They would go on to dominate briefly, Lashley as the United States Champion, Alexander and Benjamin as "Raw" Tag Team Champions.

But not long after Lashley captured the WWE Championship in 2021 he ejected them from the group, proceeding with MVP as his manager through teased reunions that never lasted until they also split, with MVP aligning with Omos. MVP recently reminisced over the group on Instagram, prompting some replies calling for them to reunite, asking where it went wrong, and suggesting he continue the brand with Lashley and The Street Profits. To that particular idea he replied, "ABSOLUTELY not!", elaborating elsewhere, "If it ain't the original, it ain't with me."

The former United States Champion further addressed the idea that Vince McMahon was the one to put the pin in the group, noting that WWE CCO Triple H could have reunited the group when he took over creative. "And his son in law never put it back together," he replied, adding on the "lackluster reunions" in the years since, "And you know who did that..." Several other replies from MVP indicated that the idea was pitched to Triple H but he rejected it, mentioning that he'd want Benjamin re-signed, but the current regime doesn't want to.

MVP also suggested racial connotations were at play when it came to The Hurt Business being left on the scrap heap. One comment had pointed to an infamous promo exchange between Triple H and Booker T during the 2000s where he said to his challenger that people like him don't get to be champion, and are only there to be make people like himself laugh. Whether or not that was intended to be racist has been disputed, but many took the promo, specifically the latter portion, as an allusion to minstrelsy. MVP agreed with that reference, further saying, "You see it," when one user said that "The Triple H era is emasculating black men."
Does he not watch NXT, where Trick Williams is the men's champion and Oba Femi is the NA champ? Or Melo, the push he got at NXT and now on the main roster? Or the Street Profits? :huh:

• Haha
Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

There’s also deals in this to bring TV events and house shows to other towns around Indiana as well, so this has gone from a city-scale to statewide-scale

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave says Cody vs. Solo at Summerslam

They want Punk vs. Drew as well but they’re not sure

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Dave says Cody vs. Solo at Summerslam

They want Punk vs. Drew as well but they’re not sure
Will Rhea be back by then?

Probably get a meaty feud between Braun and Reed starting tonight. Can see that happening at SummerSlam too.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Former wrestler Charles Scaggs ( better known as 2 Cold Scorpio ) was arrested after stabbing a man on June 15th. :amazed:

from tmz.com:

3df16f0bc371489f9afe231e37ce7564_md.jpg

Former wrestling star 2 Cold Scorpio -- who won a WCW Tag Team Championship with Buff Bagwell in the early 1990s -- was arrested on June 15 for violently stabbing a man during a gas station fight ... but he claims he was acting in self-defense.

According to court documents, obtained by TMZ Sports, the bloody incident happened at around 3:40 AM at a Love's Travel Stop in Kansas City, Mo.

Authorities say 2 Cold Scorpio -- aka Charles Scaggs -- told them he was working as a security guard at the store ... when he saw a man who had lit up a cigarette inside of the establishment.

The man who was stabbed tells TMZ Sports he did NOT light up inside the store -- he says he thought the dart was put out prior to entering the building, but it might not have been fully extinguished.

Scaggs stated he told the guy he couldn't smoke inside, but then claimed the man became upset ... and said, "F you the f*** you gonna do?"

Scaggs said the man then threatened him ... and when the two eventually made their way outside of the store -- he claimed the guy tried to grapple with him.

During the scuffle, Scaggs told authorities he pulled a knife from his pocket and stabbed the guy in self-defense. The wrestler said the altercation went on for several more moments -- and in the squabble, he got in a few more stabs too.

Cops say when they arrived on the scene, they found the guy who was stabbed lying on the ground ... bleeding from his head, chest, buttocks, legs and abdomen. They added that he was transported to a local hospital ... as he was going in and out of consciousness.

According to the docs, though, investigators were able to make contact with him at the medical facility later in the day ... where they say he told them Scaggs was the aggressor in the situation.

Scaggs was ultimately thrown behind bars ... and hit with two felony charges -- one count of first-degree assault and one count of armed criminal action.

Court records show after bonding out, he pleaded not guilty to the charges. He's due back in court for a hearing in the case next month.

• Wow
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ngl I think it’s hilarious whenever somebody goes “oh yeah what the f*** are you gonna do about it?” And then immediately gets violently assaulted

This is America people are f***in nuts. That goes double for people with CTE!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kevin Owens revealed that his 6'8 16-year-old son Owen recently stepped into a wrestling ring for the first time.KO said it was a "thrill" to see, and was happy to bring Owen to the WWE Performance Center - which he called the "best possible place" to start training.

qhjVbG3LfPwXV57Lm9YsNcO4muHIZIHQwTQ3Eg1im5RVuy5BKRT05kUiCzMkVRrLMZT-WPSBJa8ML6o=s1024-rw-nd-v1

Reactions: CDJ

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
This doesn’t matter when discussing sports. People living in city centers aren’t the only ones buying tickets
Those numbers are also misleading as they don't count the cities greater area. Indianapolis comes in 34th on that list with cities like Atlanta and Boston being much larger despite not being on the list posted earlier.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad