All-Purpose News Thread Part II

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You just know Tony is making them get all this information.
Tony is making Brandon Thurston do it?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rumors out there either Rumble or Mania will move to Saudi in upcoming years

*not permanent, just one off

Endeavor after they see the Kingdoms offer:

shanemcmahon-shane.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they did Wrestlemania in KSA, or anywhere abroad, they would do some other thing here in North America, besides Summerslam, as a stadium show, like money in the bank or something. And then that will elevate and they’ll start putting that in stadiums going forward.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
PWI saying that WWE is looking at bringing back Bad Blood to do a Hell in a Cell match, which I believe would be on the anniversary of the first HIAC match.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
really doubt they do one of the big shows in saudi or rather, doubt the saudis will burn that kind of money nowadays.

and also, quit kidding yourselves that people wouldn't go lol

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of talk out there today with WWE and other promotions they want to work with. They are linking up with Cyberfight, which oversees NOAH (who they once tried to buy, clearly they’re together), DDT, and Tokyo Joshi Pro.

Marigold is not under that umbrella, but they are on WrestleUniverse with them. More of the women want to go to Marigold, including Bayley. Dave has said that there could be more WWE talent on the July 13 show, especially since they’re going to Japan the following week anyways. Could be a reason why Rossy Ogawa has said he is not much interested in pursuing anyone else in Stardom. I think Rossy is also working with Sendai Girls, which is run by Meiko Satomura who we know was in WWE.

Bloodsport may be out there, Shayna Baszler showed up there at Wrestlemania weekend.

Sounds like they’re talking to AAA as well, which would be a blow to AEW. Obviously WWE is working with TNA, but I also just don’t know how TNA can come out ahead, WWE is just gonna poach them, they got very little from AEW as well. WWE also wants to hook up in Puerto Rico.

Paul Levesque building his own Forbidden Door.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There were some older rumors that Rossy was trying to get Kairi on that Marigold card or at least to make an appearance.

The Japanese partners have really gotten way more out the gate from WWE then TNA has.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There were some older rumors that Rossy was trying to get Kairi on that Marigold card or at least to make an appearance.

The Japanese partners have really gotten way more out the gate from WWE then TNA has.
It really kind of supports the idea that Rossy, maybe wasn’t siphoning talent to WWE, but he was clearly in with them and seemingly had no interest in working with AEW.

I think not doing Mercedes vs. Giulia crystallized that too. Only someone at Bushiroad can answer if him starting such a hot company was worth it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It really kind of supports the idea that Rossy, maybe wasn’t siphoning talent to WWE, but he was clearly in with them and seemingly had no interest in working with AEW.

I think not doing Mercedes vs. Giulia crystallized that too. Only someone at Bushiroad can answer if him starting such a hot company was worth it.

He definitely wanted Stardom to partner with WWE over AEW, I'm certain of that.

I'm sure Bushi would have considered it if they weren't already in a partnership with AEW. My understanding is Japanese companies don't like to snake partners like that so they wouldn't just jump ship like that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He definitely wanted Stardom to partner with WWE over AEW, I'm certain of that.

I'm sure Bushi would have considered it if they weren't already in a partnership with AEW. My understanding is Japanese companies don't like to snake partners like that so they wouldn't just jump ship like that.
They are extremely loyal, it’s why NJPW took so long to work with AEW to start with. It’s really a cultural ethos. They wanted to be loyal to ROH, because it was something that worked, they feel. Even though it was something that hadn’t really been accomplishing anything for them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wrestlevotes saying that WWE is nearing a ‘multi event deal’ with Indianapolis that would have them host the 2025 Royal Rumble on February 1, and then a later Wrestlemania and SummerSlam.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00