All-Purpose News Thread Part II

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I can't understand how he thought that a good response to the question about his draft day comments was "well we got publicity"

Plus it starts to get into the realm of being distasteful to use real sexual assault as a way to get people talking about AEW.

It's Alvarez so grain of salt is required, but he claims a lot of the locker room did not like the Weinstein comment and a big reason is due to having lots of friends that work for WWE and thinking when you call all of WWE evil, you also mean those workers which isn't right.

Does he even realize that a lot of AEW fans like and partake in both products but have more brand loyalty to WWE. . When he calls WWE evil and compares them to disgusting fat ugly predator criminals like Weinstein, what do those fans think? Why try to alienate some of your own fanbase for bad publicity?

The sad part is he's not even in competition with WWE. Only in his own mind.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Herb had a lot more charisma and a lot less money. Tony is totally melting down in Abrams fashion though. Total little brother syndrome too.

Like Tony you can Vaseline up and stick a baseball bat up your ass at 8 PM ET sharp on dynamite and it will get attention! Doesn’t mean you should do it you f***ing idiot! What kind of argument is that lmaoooo

Reactions: Mrfenn92

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hogan's ridiculous lies never get old. The sad part is the guy is so delusional that he actually believes what he's saying. Remember, he also discovered Kevin Owens along with being asked to play Bass in both Metallica and The Rolling Stones. He also wrestled on 400 days one year because of traveling from Japan to USA so often. The man also partied with Jon Belushi in 1986 despite the fact that Belushi had been dead since '82.
Hogan and Steven Seagal having a competition on who can lie the most

Reactions: CDJ and DaaaaB's

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Adam Pierce getting heat in the Twitterverse for wearing a Jim Cornette inspired red suit on Raw this past Monday. Somehow, someway, that has offended people. You can't make this stuff up.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Does he even realize that a lot of AEW fans like and partake in both products but have more brand loyalty to WWE. . When he calls WWE evil and compares them to disgusting fat ugly predator criminals like Weinstein, what do those fans think? Why try to alienate some of your own fanbase for bad publicity?

The sad part is he's not even in competition with WWE. Only in his own mind.

My guess would be the decline in viewers is whatever crossover audience is fed up with it.

It's one thing to knock the company when they suck. It was different when Vince was running things and MJF and Punk were mocking legitimate criticisms about the WWE.

Vince is gone, the product is the best it's been in 20 years, and you've got Ospreay going on TV taking shots at the guy everybody views right now as the hero booker. All while more and more people are starting to have their view of Tony sour.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My guess would be the decline in viewers is whatever crossover audience is fed up with it.

It's one thing to knock the company when they suck. It was different when Vince was running things and MJF and Punk were mocking legitimate criticisms about the WWE.

Vince is gone, the product is the best it's been in 20 years, and you've got Ospreay going on TV taking shots at the guy everybody views right now as the hero booker. All while more and more people are starting to have their view of Tony sour.

In the early going of AEW he's trying to capitalize on wrestling fans disenfranchised with the WWE product so at that point it makes sense trying to differentiate the AEW product from the WWE product. It made sense then.

But here 5 years into AEW they should be completely past the point where they make any reference/nod/alusion/etc. about WWE. The AEW brand is established.

Instead post WM 40 they've doubled down. That Samoa Joe vs. Dustin Runnels match the Wednesday after WM 40 was completely bush league. Voluntarily positioning your product as lesser than. Why?

He should just take a page out of Vince's playbook and don't even acknowledge that WWE exists and be happy that WWE looks strong again and in the long-run that will benefit AEW. A rising tide raises all boats. A strong wrestling industry overall is better for all promotions. This isn't Monday Night Wars II. There is no real competition here, its apples vs. oranges. But I think Tony really believes he's "at war" with WWE.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Instead post WM 40 they've doubled down. That Samoa Joe vs. Dustin Runnels match the Wednesday after WM 40 was completely bush league. Voluntarily positioning your product as lesser than. Why?

Somebody (I can't remember who) pointed out that they could've made that interesting if they had simply had Dustin cut a promo about how he needed to win the belt to make his family proud and then the Rhodes family would've been on top of the wrestling world... But they just slapped it together and had a match lol.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Somebody (I can't remember who) pointed out that they could've made that interesting if they had simply had Dustin cut a promo about how he needed to win the belt to make his family proud and then the Rhodes family would've been on top of the wrestling world... But they just slapped it together and had a match lol.

Exactly. It was just thrown together at last minute with no really build-up or angle. Almost like cheap heat and neither performer benefitted from it. Ended up essentially a routine match.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Jesus put over the Jews for the good of the angle. Hulk would've kicked out of the crucifix at 2.
20230406_002252.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ and McGarnagle

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Think this is the first time it’s been addressed by Stardom.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Erik Rowan is returning to the WWE. My guess is that he'll be part of the ( IMO ) god-awful " Uncle Howdy " angle that is supposed to happen at some point.

from ringsidenews.com:

Screen-Shot-2020-10-21-at-8.13.27-AM.png

A seasoned warrior of the wrestling arena is poised to make a triumphant comeback to the WWE stage.

According to PW Insider, Erick Rowan has officially inked a new deal with WWE. This comes as exciting news for fans who remember Rowan as a pivotal member of the Wyatt Family and a former multi-time tag team champion within the company.

Following his departure from WWE in 2020, Rowan ventured into various endeavors, including notable appearances in AEW and a memorable cameo in the popular comedy series “I Think You Should Leave” on Netflix.

Despite these ventures, Rowan’s allegiance to the squared circle has brought him back into the WWE fold. While details regarding his return timeline remain undisclosed, anticipation mounts as fans eagerly await his comeback.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Erik Rowan is returning to the WWE. My guess is that he'll be part of the ( IMO ) god-awful " Uncle Howdy " angle that is supposed to happen at some point.

from ringsidenews.com:

Screen-Shot-2020-10-21-at-8.13.27-AM.png

A seasoned warrior of the wrestling arena is poised to make a triumphant comeback to the WWE stage.

According to PW Insider, Erick Rowan has officially inked a new deal with WWE. This comes as exciting news for fans who remember Rowan as a pivotal member of the Wyatt Family and a former multi-time tag team champion within the company.

Following his departure from WWE in 2020, Rowan ventured into various endeavors, including notable appearances in AEW and a memorable cameo in the popular comedy series “I Think You Should Leave” on Netflix.

Despite these ventures, Rowan’s allegiance to the squared circle has brought him back into the WWE fold. While details regarding his return timeline remain undisclosed, anticipation mounts as fans eagerly await his comeback.
It's already been happening. QR codes have been flashing on the screen for couple of weeks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bryan Alvarez saying that it sounds like Wrestlemania 41 will be announced for Las Vegas for the first weekend in May. Wonder if the Rumble gets moved too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Along with a bunch of other names I have never heard of:

Julian Baldi
Ezekiel Balogun
Trey Bearhill
Emma Diaz
Valentina Feroz
Keyshawn Leflore
Darrell Mason
Vlad Pavlenko
Kiyah Saint
May have heard of this one

Trying to wrap my mind around just how big of a bust this guy is.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad