Player Discussion All Purpose Goaltending Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Dell was a loose cannon. i remember him taking some stupid penalties because he'd run someone along the boards. Still better than comrie, though....
A goalie that can protect himself would be nice to have. I remember crazy Lehner chasing guys around, no one wanted to fight that psycho.
He'd be a great mentor for Levi btw, "have you considered investing in a snake farm?"

• Haha
Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Whatever happened to that zamboni driver who worked for the Leaves? Worth bringing in? They could waive one of the Dman spots to free up a space for a 4th goalie.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Is this the first actual confirmation we have about Adams promising not to send Levi down? I know that's what we all thought was the case, but from what I recall we never had any confirmation about it.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Is this the first actual confirmation we have about Adams promising not to send Levi down? I know that's what we all thought was the case, but from what I recall we never had any confirmation about it.

Generally its a promise made to prospects to get them to sign in season which lets them burn the first year of their ELC and make a little extra money.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011

It seemed like it was heavily hinted at before, some people need things spelled out for them though.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

I still subscribe to the idea that they promised he would get a legitimate shot to be the starter this season. It is still a stupid promise to make, but i find it highly unlikely they would just flat out promise to never send him down and the fact that they did send him down supports that.

This tweet doesn't confirm they promised they would never send him down.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
At least we know the secret to turning this all around now.

Someone trick Adams into promising to do his job and ice a winning lineup with a qualified head coach. Quickly.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I still subscribe to the idea that they promised he would get a legitimate shot to be the starter this season. It is still a stupid promise to make, but i find it highly unlikely they would just flat out promise to never send him down and the fact that they did send him down supports that.

This tweet doesn't confirm they promised they would never send him down.

In what way have they not already kept that promise? f*** it explains why they failed to bring in any competition LAST YEAR too. Which cost them the playoffs. Now we have to carry three goalies even though they all are shit because we can’t have an actual challenge….but also Levi hasnt taken the job. Just bending over years of the organization to lure a goalie who won’t be ready for years. This is not a professional organization.

This is a rudderless ship that sank years ago.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
In what way have they not already kept that promise? f*** it explains why they failed to bring in any competition LAST YEAR too. Which cost them the playoffs. Now we have to carry three goalies even though they all are shit because we can’t have an actual challenge….but also Levi hasnt taken the job. Just bending over years of the organization to lure a goalie who won’t be ready for years. This is not a professional organization.

This is a rudderless ship that sank years ago.
I don't know what any of this has to do with what I posted. If they promised they would never send him down, then they already broke the promise by sending him down. So if they haven't broken any promises yet, then they didn't promise that. That's it. That's all there is to it. The rest of what you said has nothing to do with anything i posted.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Everyone is missing the biggest problem with that sad sack statement anyway.

There are people in the organization who know this is a bad plan. And Kevyn isn’t listening to hose people. The smart people. He’s too busy keeping promises and tanking another season

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Turns out going with a quantity over quality concept in net doesn't lead to great results. Who would have thought?
Well, the guy that doubled down on Hutton and gave away Ullmark obviously didn't think it would end this way.

The Buffalo Goalie Centipede.

Reactions: oldgoalie

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Turns out going with a quantity over quality concept in net doesn't lead to great results. Who would have thought?
Well, the guy that doubled down on Hutton and gave away Ullmark obviously didn't think it would end this way.

The Buffalo Goalie Centipede.

Adams:

- Doubled down on Hutton
- Didn't move Ullmark at the trade deadline despite being in last place.
- Wasted a goalie protection slot in the expansion draft on Ullmark rather than pick up a goalie to protect under contract.
- Signed a practice squad goalie (Anderson) to split time with the goalie they signed specifically to expose to the expansion draft (Tokarksi)
- Brought back Anderson again after a terrible year along with a career waiver bait backup in Comrie
- Promised a college goalie prospect they wouldn't add another goalie and block his path to being a starter.

I mean, Adams handling of the goalie position has been laughably bad. Probably one of the things most fans can agree on.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
the problem is, Levi right now is the best we have in goal
Yes, but is it good for his development? Goalie is the most difficult and psychologically sensitive position and a career can be destroyed by rushing it. The young man has talent and certain potential so why risk breaking him. It's extremely rare to see a goalie make the jump from junior to the NHL (Carey Price, Patrick Roy...). For me, it's an unnecessary risk. All excellent goalie prospects drafted in the 1st or 2nd round spend at least 2 years in the AHL( Askarov,Cossa,Dostal….)

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Yes, but is it good for his development? Goalie is the most difficult and psychologically sensitive position and a career can be destroyed by rushing it. The young man has talent and certain potential so why risk breaking him. It's extremely rare to see a goalie make the jump from junior to the NHL (Carey Price, Patrick Roy...). For me, it's an unnecessary risk. All excellent goalie prospects drafted in the 1st or 2nd round spend at least 2 years in the AHL( Askarov,Cossa,Dostal….)

Levi is not coming from junior. The NCAA is a higher level league than the OHL

I'd say it is closer to the ECHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad