Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Just checking in.....

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm thinking that the NHL has no interest in reviving the Coyotes for a generation. I would like Utah to have the records, etc of the Coyotes so that these player's deeds are not forgotten. The shut out streak, etc should not be lost to time. After all, who remembers the highlights of the Thrashers?

And, like @The Feckless Puck I am also beyond pucking furious.

Reactions: RemoAZ

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Word is a load of Coyotes merch made it way several Goodwills around Phoenix Metro this week. It was the remaining inventory from the team store at Mullett.

Dirty Old Man

Old but not really dirty
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
No word at all about anything? I keep hoping to hear about a prospective ownership group.
The only thing I expect to hear in the next couple of years is when the Roadrunners move up to Reno. Then the same worthless (virtual) rags that had clickbait articles for years "Coyotes leaving?" will start having articles "Coyotes returning?" None of them meaning anything tangible.

If it ever happens, one day it'll just...happen. Don't hold your breath.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
@ TheLegand , I have no ulterior motive, am not implying anything here, just posting a link that may be of some interest.

MSN

Saw the original article from Sportico.

Don't think there's much to it right now. Ishiba was asked about it and he gave a non-committal answer.

Even if he's serious we're still looking years off from anything happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad