Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OversKy

Oct 12, 2023
Sharks didn’t interview him at the combine (according to Sheng) and if you draft such a controversial prospect, your owner has to be on board. I can’t imagine that our German owner will be on board with this, if anyone in German media ever got wind of the Swastika-Story, the shit-storm here in Germany would be insane.

Even if that picture didn’t exist, I wouldn’t take him myself for all the other red flags along his way.

In short: not gonna happen and I’m glad.
True enough, I think he's got enough talent to be a real good NHL forward but the fit doesn't make much sense with the German owner, not sure how I blanked on Hasso. He's been getting a lot of compliments on his way to trying to save his image if he falls out of the first round it'd be such a steal.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Starting to look more and more like Eiserman is the pick at 14 if he's there (and one of the top 6 D and Sennecke don't fall). Seen a few mocks from different networks today that are starting to peg him to San Jose. This is usually about the time where folks start to know stuff on how teams feel about certain players, so going to go ahead and brace for it.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Starting to look more and more like Eiserman is the pick at 14 if he's there (and one of the top 6 D and Sennecke don't fall). Seen a few mocks from different networks today that are starting to peg him to San Jose. This is usually about the time where folks start to know stuff on how teams feel about certain players, so going to go ahead and brace for it.
still reads like a bust to me but maybe he can right his ship.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
True enough, I think he's got enough talent to be a real good NHL forward but the fit doesn't make much sense with the German owner, not sure how I blanked on Hasso. He's been getting a lot of compliments on his way to trying to save his image if he falls out of the first round it'd be such a steal.
I would say the bigger factor is just being a Cali based team. The sharks can live and die on social media and they do not want a viral moment on Twitter against them

Reactions: OversKy

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Alllll I'm saying if the scouts identify even a Dickison as a top pairing D that's still available at 10 ish they better use one of those seconds. They might also naturally draft their guy Eiserman and use the 2nds to move the 33rd overall pick to the 20's to grab Solberg. Imagine a Celebrini, Dickinson, Solberg haul haha be an absurd run. Anyways, just leaving the draft with Celebrini and a 1# D prospect and nothing else is still a win

Takes two to tango - Sharks moving up or down requires a team who perceives players at different values. If all teams in the range like the big 6 dman nobody is going to trade down from them.

Reactions: Friday

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Buium, yes. The others, no.
I think Dickinson is the best D-Man in the draft so I'd for sure move up with all of our 2nds plus 14 for him. Buium is probably one I would go 33+53 and then Parekh is one that I'd move 42+53.

Moving 14, 33, 42, and 53 is enough to jump up to 6th while still having provided surplus value that is usually needed to move up. If Dickinson is there, I am spamming Utah to get that done. If you take out 42, that is enough to get to 8th overall with Seattle (who probably wants Buium as well).

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I think Dickinson is the best D-Man in the draft so I'd for sure move up with all of our 2nds plus 14 for him. Buium is probably one I would go 33+53 and then Parekh is one that I'd move 42+53.

Moving 14, 33, 42, and 53 is enough to jump up to 6th while still having provided surplus value that is usually needed to move up. If Dickinson is there, I am spamming Utah to get that done. If you take out 42, that is enough to get to 8th overall with Seattle (who probably wants Buium as well).
I hope MG brings that aggression. A few 2nds is a lot cheaper than a 1D will ever be (if they see any of those guys as a 1D)

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015

Utah doesn’t need any additional 2nd round picks. They already have 3 of them.

I think the earliest logical trade up spot is 7 since Ottawa will have to give up a 1st in 25 or 26. They could use the draft capital. I would offer all 3 second round picks to move up to 7.

Also Ferraro could be used to trade up. Maybe Ferraro and 14 for 10. Then trade 10 with 33 and 53 to get to 7.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

Save us Celebrini!
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Ughh...whenever I watch Dickinson, he just plays with such low IQ. I cannot stomach trading up for him.

Reactions: Gecklund

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I think you're right and I am doing the emotional work to not be sad in Sphere on Friday. Ojala / inshallah / God willing, Grier goes a different way. Or, that I'm wrong and Eiserman hits and becomes the next Brett Hull.

Reactions: Friday

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I think you're right and I am doing the emotional work to not be sad in Sphere on Friday. Ojala / inshallah / God willing, Grier goes a different way. Or, that I'm wrong and Eiserman hits and becomes the next Brett Hull.
Obsession with anything from or related to Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad