AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
That was the darkest ending to a PPV I've seen in quite sometime. Seems like they're really positioning Darby and Cassidy to really be the main adversaries against the BCC. Darby in particular.

Fantastic show overall. AEW PPVs rarely miss. Even the matches I was least interested in (Perry/Shibata, Jericho/Briscoe) got me invested as the match went on.

Reactions: SnS

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The booking around the Danielson stuff has been tremendous. All In was very successful off the backs of how they presented Danielson as a challenger with his big win being telegraphed.

Some people wanted a new person to get elevated with Danielson losing the belt, but they can't have Darby or whoever be the one to beat him after 2 months, because it undercuts the face who beats him. Look at the reaction to Danielson losing. It's not Undertaker losing the streak, but it's probably the closest thing we will see in the tone of the reaction. People weren't ready for him to lose, so they can't really have a new face beat him without it hurting that face.

When Darby or whoever takes down Moxley, that's the big payoff where by transcendence, Bryan's run gets someone new over, because they used the angle around his retirement to reheat Moxley as the biggest heel they have had in a very long time, and if they follow it up nicely, whoever beats Moxley will get a much bigger rub than if they had been the one to retire Danielson.

Yuta involved also means that they do not have to go back to Danielson/Moxley if/when he returns. They could very well have Darby/Moxley at All In, and Yuta/Bryan lights out at All Out.

Something that almost always works in wrestling is the slow burn of the babyface standing up to and leaving the heel group. If Yuta opposes Moxley now, he's getting beaten, and likely not in the angle for the long haul. Putting him back in the group, especially in the way they did it where it was more shades of grey where he made the choice in the moment and was still conflicted, not "hahaha I was pretending to care about Bryan", they can eventually pull the trigger on Yuta standing up to Moxley.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Hoping Brody King partners up with Darby/OC/AEW originals and takes on a WWE group led by BCC and Shane. Think this might be an invasion angle forming

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's

Hoping Brody King partners up with Darby/OC/AEW originals and takes on a WWE group led by BCC and Shane. Think this might be an invasion angle forming

I feel like having this extremely violent version of the BCC wouldn't be a fit with Shane. Even at Shane's most violent, he was never really that threatening.

I do think everyone who jumped in at the end there will be feuding with them at some point (or in Private Party's case, they already have). I don't think they were randomly chosen for any reason.

I do agree that Darby + Brody or even a full Darby - HOB partnership could work. I also think Switchblade gets a run at the belt too.

Very interested to see how this plays out especially with the Continental Classic coming.

Reactions: Fro and CDJ

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Shane coming in is an awful choice.

WWE fans aren't going to switch to AEW when WWE already has 7 hours or whatever of TV that they like better.

AEW lost a huge chunk of fans over the last few years since Vince left WWE and after 20 years of fans complaining in YouTube comments, their dream of "wwe getting good again" finally came true. The AEW core fans remaining don't want anything to do with ex-WWE guys or a "WWE-lite" product.

It's the type of thing that would be a big deal when it first happens, but it would have a negative effect after the first week.

The only justification would be if Shane's involvement in the company is the catalyst for a relationship with Fox.

In terms of story, I think it could be a fit, but I don't think in general it's the right move for the promotion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad