AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think Ricochet is joining Callis.

In that heated debate with Ospreay, he said that everyone has been coming after him. I wonder if that includes Don Callis.

I just think if they're not doing this match at Wrestledream then they have something lined up.
I like it. Ospreay and Fletcher v Ricochet and Takeshita. Then break them out again for singles action against each other. No matter where they go with Ospreay, Fletcher and Takeshita...it's bound to be a guaranteed barn burner. Ricochet would be a very fun addition to that

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
What are the rankings of the titles? I know the World Championship is on top but after that it gets murky based on who is holding the title. For instance recently when Christian had the TNT Title that felt like the #2 belt, where now it seems like the International Championship is #2. Help.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
What are the rankings of the titles? I know the World Championship is on top but after that it gets murky based on who is holding the title. For instance recently when Christian had the TNT Title that felt like the #2 belt, where now it seems like the International Championship is #2. Help.
My guess is that there really isn't a ranking. It's just whatever storyline is most compelling is the focus. That's why Christian's run made the TNT title prominent.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I'm really liking the direction they are going with the in ring action. Ospreay has transformed this roster with all the potential matches they can pair him up in. Kyle Fletcher looks like a million bucks right now. Takeshita just always does his job. Ricochet is having a blast.

They REALLY gotta find a way to fill out some of these arenas. The shows have been really strong for a while now but the thin crowds kill the vibe

I saw a Reddit post the other day of a guy from Wilkes-Barrie who had been begging and begging for AEW to have a show there so when he was watching and saw that it was broadcasting there, he was pissed that he didn't know and missed it.

Sure, he in particular could've paid a little more attention, but I think that sums up the marketing or lack thereof. I'm sure they'll work on it as time goes on. The fans still bring life to the shows, but a 70-75% full arena would add even more energy week-to-week.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I saw a Reddit post the other day of a guy from Wilkes-Barrie who had been begging and begging for AEW to have a show there so when he was watching and saw that it was broadcasting there, he was pissed that he didn't know and missed it.

Sure, he in particular could've paid a little more attention, but I think that sums up the marketing or lack thereof. I'm sure they'll work on it as time goes on. The fans still bring life to the shows, but a 70-75% full arena would add even more energy week-to-week.
I'm right there with him. I've been to I think 5 AEW shows now, and the last one I only knew about because of the Sasha Banks rumors and the "Big Business" branding they stapled to it. I bought those tickets very last minute.

I remember going to WCW and WWF shows many many years ago, and during those shows they would always take a minute or two to announce the next time (or two!) that they would be back in the area, and when to get tickets. I'm sure AEW does it too but somehow I just haven't noticed it.

I also remember on old WCW Nitro broadcasts they would run quick full screen overlays of the upcoming shows. AEW stashes a tiny little graphic in the corner, or Excalibur rattles off a few cities and dates at 6000 words per minute.

Tell me when you're in my city, advertise it for f***s sake, and hype something up to make me wanna go. Just ONE match that you know you can deliver on, gimme SOMETHING

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
My 1st AEW event...fight for the fallen at Dailys...we had an amazing time, 2nd row for $80 lol
20190713_221708.jpg

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The advertising thing is crazy that it's still an issue. Maybe they think people should be aware of all of the upcoming shows from the on-screen graphics during TV events (but not everyone is fully paying attention or may fast forward parts of the show and miss the upcoming shows, among other reasons why it may not reach everyone). Maybe they think everyone joined their mailing list - which of course they have not. Maybe they think everyone visits aewtix.com on a regular basis - again, which of course they do not. They may need to spend money on every type of local ad imaginable. Social media, TV, radio, newspaper, billboards, Maybe they need to work on organizing groups of local AEW fans like bands used to do back in the day and give them access to posters they could print and tape to street poles and post in other spots around town. Maybe they think or know the additional butts in seats directly related to their advertising expense is a negative return on investment so they gave up.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Best of luck to them. Memorable run. They were the jelly to the Elite’s peanut butter. Favs: Bucks/Bros All Out 2021, Fenix/Omega on Dynamite and the Elite/Death Triangle best of 7.

Yes please.
Yes please indeed. Love KO.

Just finished Dynamite. Not a great show, not bad. Just not great. That main event though, that was great. Digging Fletchers usage of late and Takeshita has been so under utilized since coming to AEW. Can't wait for his match with Okada.

Bitch.

Reactions: SnS

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Someone pointed out that WWE already has merch masks in production for them.

Which like...how was there never masks being sold for them the past 5 years?

Seems to come up often, but AEW needs to figure out their merch situation. Money being left on the table

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad