AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I think the concept works for tag teams. In front of a PPV audience, it’s a different match. The crowd was dead for the first 10-15 minutes, until the Outrunners brought them back to life, for whatever reason.

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Grand Slam is looking real good, but I feel like Darby got duped lmao.

Mox: "Yah, Bryan isn't available for Grand Slam because I nearly killed him, but when he's back give me your title shot."

Darby: "Lmao nah, you'll have to earn it."

half hour later:

Nigel: "TONY KHAN HAS GIVEN ME A CONTRACT TO MAKE ME AND BRYAN OFFICIAL FOR GRAND SLAM!"

Darby probably in the back: "Wait a second, what the f***"

I do subscribe to the theory that Nigel is in cahoots with the BCC.

Reactions: Fro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think the concept works for tag teams. In front of a PPV audience, it’s a different match. The crowd was dead for the first 10-15 minutes, until the Outrunners brought them back to life, for whatever reason.
FOR WHATEVER REASON??? Are you a corpse that cannot be electrified?

I wasn’t wearing my glasses or contacts but I wasn’t seeing things! Big Bill is 100% on the juice btw and you know what? Good for him

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
FOR WHATEVER REASON??? Are you a corpse that cannot be electrified?

I wasn’t wearing my glasses or contacts but I wasn’t seeing things! Big Bill is 100% on the juice btw and you know what? Good for him

I could get behind a Big Bill turn and throwing back all the "lessons" in Jericho's face.

The learning tree gimmick is growing on me. It's just the Hook feud went WAY too long in my opinion.

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They said they took out Danielson rendering him unable to fight Darby, and then 20 minutes later book him for a new match, even though Nigel will be cool as hell.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Really strong show. Matches delivered, stories are rounding out

Only thing I don’t quite understand is the Darby v Mox thing. Why would Darby put his title match on the line while Moxley risks nothing? Why is Darby seemingly ok with Nigel skipping the line and getting a title shot just because he decided to wrestle again? I like the character Moxley is today, almost like his younger days in CZW, but make it make sense

Everything else, love what they are building.

Reactions: Habsfan18

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The crowd was horrible. That was a really good show despite that shit crowd.

The Outrunners epitomize retro tag team wrestling in the new age. They are awesome and deserve all the rockets to all of the moons with their push.

Why I think it's a work...Bryan doesn't show, Nigel claims he beat him
I was kinda thinking this too but it would be a really tough look to book Nigel v Danielson and then not deliver the goods. I saw those two wrestle at Boston College for ROH when they were both on the way out and I’ll never forget it.

Edit: i should clarify that they didn’t wrestle each other. Danielson lost to Davey Richards in a loooong main event. Got showered with streamers though

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Really strong show. Matches delivered, stories are rounding out

Only thing I don’t quite understand is the Darby v Mox thing. Why would Darby put his title match on the line while Moxley risks nothing? Why is Darby seemingly ok with Nigel skipping the line and getting a title shot just because he decided to wrestle again? I like the character Moxley is today, almost like his younger days in CZW, but make it make sense

Everything else, love what they are building.

For what it's worth, it's a non-title match. No championship on the line or any implications of a title shot even if Nigel wins.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I could get behind a Big Bill turn and throwing back all the "lessons" in Jericho's face.

The learning tree gimmick is growing on me. It's just the Hook feud went WAY too long in my opinion.

he recently made comments about hoping that Enzo gets another shot and that they are still good friends, could he call in backup ?

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Why did Allin grant Mox a shot at hist World Title shot?

Reasons, shut up and stop asking questions.

Darby comes off looking stupid. If Darby is putting his World Title shot on the line, then Mox should have put something on the line. This situation is similar to when Solo Sikoa demanded a "Bloodlines" rules match against Cody. Mox, like Solo, had no leverage to be demanding anything and yet the babyface grant them that shot. So stupid. At the very least, Darby shiould have just said no to Mox.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The booking in AEW is really bad sometimes as an actual week to week show.

It's like they have these cool destinations, great moments, and fantastic cards, but how they get there is so poorly thought out, and they have terrible attention to detail when it comes to not repeating things or contradicting themselves. A lot of the top babyfaces do things that make them seem stupid.

Apparently, Will Washington has a photographic memory and was supposed to be a big details guy, but I don't notice any changes.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I swear some of the people with these complaints just follow the company on twitter or youtube lmao this is the company that just had a blow off to a year plus long feud on a major PPV literally less then a week ago. But nothing is thought out or tied together week to week. It is like people can't just say "I didn't like this thing AEW did" and end it there. It always has to lead to some kind of diatribe as to why the entire company is flawed lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad