AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Only point I was bored was Mone / Shida. Even Stat and Willow balled out.

I was actually enjoying Mone/Shida but that triple katana - escape the ring botch kinda flubbed it a little.

I also had to stop leaning forward at points and that was the match I decided to sit back. Need to relax at some points during a 4 hour show.

I hope you're wrong, that would be entirely unsatisfying

I think it's the right way to end it . . . for now. I think you can re-ignite the flame in a year or 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I was actually enjoying Mone/Shida but that triple katana - escape the ring botch kinda flubbed it a little.

I also had to stop leaning forward at points and that was the match I decided to sit back. Need to relax at some points during a 4 hour show.

I guess it’s just because I feel Mone is moving in cement 90% of the time she’s in the ring. Nothing she has done has felt smooth or crisp since joining AEW IMO.

I’m also not a big Shida person, so that could be part of it too.

But I also feel they screwed up somewhere along the lines during that Katana 3 timer. It seemed really awkward.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This is a fun idea in theory, but in practice only works if you ended the show on the attempted murder. It's the little things.

BIG NO THANK YOU to that needle spot. Never a fan of unprotected chair shots, so I'm assuming the chair was gimmicked (however much safer that makes it).

That match was in a really tough spot because the feud is so heated and they have already done so many over the top things to each other and then add an attempted murder spot at the end of the previous match, there wasn't a lot of places they could go without legitimately causing harm to each other.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wonder if a gimmicked throw one of them off a really really high spot maybe was a way to end it. Have the loser stretchered out and go on hiatus for like 3 months

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I guess it’s just because I feel Mone is moving in cement 90% of the time she’s in the ring. Nothing she has done has felt smooth or crisp since joining AEW IMO.

I’m also not a big Shida person, so that could be part of it too.

But I also feel they screwed up somewhere along the lines during that Katana 3 timer. It seemed really awkward.
Shida hater... thumb is trembling on block right now...... kidding

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It's so typical of AEW. The show was really good all in all.... but they blew their load with MJF v Garcia and Ospreay v PAC wayyyyyy to early

And no Hayter really makes me sad

Reactions: SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Shida hater... thumb is trembling on block right now...... kidding

I wouldn’t say hater… I guess I just can’t remember her standing out much.

It's so typical of AEW. The show was really good all in all.... but they blew their load with MJF v Garcia and Ospreay v PAC wayyyyyy to early

I’m mostly shocked about Ospreay and PAC being as early as they were. I thought that would have been the match before the Danielson / Perry.

I’m not too surprised at Max and Garcia opening the show. They were looking for something to get everyone engaged with.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I wouldn’t say hater… I guess I just can’t remember her standing out much.

I’m mostly shocked about Ospreay and PAC being as early as they were. I thought that would have been the match before the Danielson / Perry.

I’m not too surprised at Max and Garcia opening the show. They were looking for something to get everyone engaged with.
Shida v Hayter a year or two ago is one of my favorite wrestling matches of all time (and I'm an old fart).

Reactions: SnS

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's

And no Hayter really makes me sad

A lot to unpack in those last 2 matches that will be the main talking points, but Garcia/MJF and Willow/Stat were perfect and Pac/Ospreay was everything I wanted it to be.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Anywho. I appreciate that there are random strangers on a hockey message board that like watching wrestling that I can comment with. None of my real life family or friends are interested. So, be good yall. Love ya!

Edit: Except Blackhawks fans. I wish nothing but the best for you and yours, but wish the worst for your team.

Edit edit: even if you're filthy disgusting blackhawks fans.... you all never fail to bring it when it comes to these shows. Y'all rocked tonight.

Last edited:

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Assuming Garcia is staying with the company kinda weird having him take the L. I’m guessing they drag the feud out otherwise it’s not great for him

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Swerve/Hangman might legitimately be the most gnarly match i've ever seen. They beat the holy piss out of each other (look at how scarred both guys backs were by the end of it), a man was nearly broke in two on Swerve's Copkilla, taking spots on god damn cinder blocks and then the ending which i can only assume someone dug out of the 5th circle of hell.

It feels like not even prime ECW would run a finish as ****ed up as that. I'm not usually disgusted/weirded out by wrestling (shit i sat through guys trying to kill themselves in the attitude era) but that got me. got me real good.

Great job by the production team to sell that chair shot too. it was obviously gimmicked but i had to see it again to make sure it actually was.

I need more of this.

"But the feud is over." I'm convinced the only way this feud ends is with a man dead in the ring. They didn't need to use blood, fire or anything like that and this is what we got.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Swerve/Hangman might legitimately be the most gnarly match i've ever seen. They beat the holy piss out of each other (look at how scarred both guys backs were by the end of it), a man was nearly broke in two on Swerve's Copkilla, taking spots on god damn cinder blocks and then the ending which i can only assume someone dug out of the 5th circle of hell.

It feels like not even prime ECW would run a finish as ****ed up as that. I'm not usually disgusted/weirded out by wrestling (shit i sat through guys trying to kill themselves in the attitude era) but that got me. got me real good.

Great job by the production team to sell that chair shot too. it was obviously gimmicked but i had to see it again to make sure it actually was.

I need more of this.

"But the feud is over." I'm convinced the only way this feud ends is with a man dead in the ring. They didn't need to use blood, fire or anything like that and this is what we got.
Yeah this feels like a feud that is never truly "done".

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Generally speaking their PPVs this year have been incredible. I had a couple friends over last night and everyone enjoyed it. The main event was like watching a car crash. You couldn’t look away yet at times you felt uncomfortable.

Wasn’t there supposed to be a FTR vs GYV match at the PPV or on TV? I thought they were setting up the match but maybe it’s still a build in progress to Grand Slam.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Just watching this morning, but an underrated moment, talking about Yuta being the Pure champion, Excalibur saying Yuta was really the one to put the title on the map to Nigel...I laughed pretty hard at that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad