AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Mox looked annoyed by Naito the entire match...

I fell asleep so catching up on last 3 matches
Naito can't keep up any more. Considering his last appearance in the states, this was much better than expected, but still he's very clearly working on bad knees

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pro

Naito can't keep up any more. Considering his last appearance in the states, this was much better than expected, but still he's very clearly working on bad knees
I didn’t see it but it’s probably a combination of that and just not having his working boots on, which happens. He’s gotta save those knees for G1

Reactions: TD Charlie

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I get it from the business sense why you have Brit go after Mercedes (my expectations for this feud and match are low)

But what is going to be the kayfabe reason for Brit to return for the mid card title and not go after Toni?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I mean, you're right...but I view it as BB returning to make sure she is the focus of the division. AeW signs this hot free agent who is trying to act as the top draw and BB is proving she is that person

Toni may have the big title, but she isn't the hot free agent

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I get it from the business sense why you have Brit go after Mercedes (my expectations for this feud and match are low)

But what is going to be the kayfabe reason for Brit to return for the mid card title and not go after Toni?
Not kayfabe, but from a booking perspective hopefully it's Hayter returning real f***ing soon. The womens division is already stacked. DMD back and then Hayter (hopefully). Dang....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Wanting two titles instead of one.

Or one she’s never held.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful (via Fightful Select) reports that, per sources, that Will Ospreay, a long-time friend of Swerve Strcikland’s, was tired of seeing the narrative that Swerve was a placeholder champion until he would win the title at AEW All In.

Per Sapp, sources said that Ospreay talked to AEW higher-up. He expressed that he wanted to put Strickland over to help get rid of this talking point. The report notes that Ospreay already has big creative plans in store for the year. With this in mind, he had no issue with it. Sapp writes that Ospreay wanted to set an example that for AEW to succeed, it had to be a team effort.

The report also notes that Ospreay made his approach after he won the AEW International Championship. It was noted that he wanted to show that nobody should be above losing to the world champion.

Is Ospreay as good of a human being as he is a wrestler? Impossible but at least he's trying, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad