AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mox cut that promo after All Out, made it seem likely they would put the title on him.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Really wanted Danielson to have a moment, but I get why they did what they did. There isn’t as much meat in a Danielson-MJF feud as one with Mox and Bryan’s reign would just be a transitional one.

They’re also in DC next week, the same building Mox came back from rehab.

Reactions: Grackle Party

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Claudio v Jericho was really good. Claudio’s best by far since in aew. Hated the move to make him a transitional champion, only for Jericho to likely be a transitional champion himself, but i can see where they’re going with it at least.

Crowd was white hot from the start too

Acclaimed are just so f***ing over. Very happy for them. The “ohhhhh scissor me daddy” chants were hilarious. It was another great title match, but a bit of an awkward finish.

Pac v Orange was a piss break match. Disappointing. But…whatever. Give me Ethan Page v PAC next please.

Mjf promo was sensational. No surprise there.

Womens title match was not good. Saraya got a very good pop but she looked uncomfortable and nervous. Hopefully she settles in quickly because she adds some much needed legitimacy there.

Main event was a bit of a let down for me. Not gonna lie. I don’t care for the booking and the match never really took off. They must have a bigger long term plan to get Danielson his title win. Perhaps it’s Adam Cole v Danielson next year at some point.

Anyway, excellent show. Kept me entertained for two hours for sure. Looking forward to Friday!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I hope the plan is for Claudio to move on to bigger things because otherwise he shouldn't be losing to Jericho.

I'm conflicted on Paige. The division badly needed a shake up and some legitimatcy, but I am really not sure she should be wrestling? I'm not sure it's a good look that WWE wouldn't clear her but AEW would quickly turn around and clear her.

Hopefully she is good to go.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I hope the plan is for Claudio to move on to bigger things because otherwise he shouldn't be losing to Jericho.

I'm conflicted on Paige. The division badly needed a shake up and some legitimatcy, but I am really not sure she should be wrestling? I'm not sure it's a good look that WWE wouldn't clear her but AEW would quickly turn around and clear her.

Hopefully she is good to go.
I mean AEW used Hardy after WWE wanted him to go to rehab

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Count Malakai Black as another one who is done with the leaks, which are most assuredly coming from somebody with a position of power who was involved in discussions with him

What a sloppy shop those EVP’s run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad