ALL DEADLINE TALK HERE | Part IV: Crafton's Liver Eating Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
If that's the return for Iginla it's fairly pathetic relative to what everyone thought it would be. I'd be pissed if I was a Flames fan. Feaster is such a knob.

If Shero doesn't beat that there's got to be a good reason for it. Like Feaster had certain prospects in mind and wouldn't budge. Nothing else would make sense.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
From what I remember, Guerin was basically a done deal to another Eastern team (Caps? Rangers?) when he was first scratched, and then the deal fell through and the Pens swooped in the next week. But yeah, the Isles kept him out the whole time.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
We have better assets, IMO, but Shero may not want to give them up.
True but why would he give up Joe Morrow for Brenden Morrow and not be willing to give Joe Morrow, a 1st and a lesser prospect for Iggy? I mean, hell, is Bartkowski even anything more than Bortuzzo at this point? He's a 24 year old with 11 NHL games to his name.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Man, if it's Khokhlachev + Bartkowski + 1st for Iggy, I will flip the tables !

Don't tell me, we can't match that ..phuck!

Seriously Shero needs to up the ante if that's what the deal is.

This is OUR YEAR. We need Iggy to put us over the top. Boston + iginla automatically makes them Cup favorites.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
It's the home stretch. Flames are moving him. Why subject him to injury?

Feaster would be wise to drag this out until next week. I'd be very surprised if anything happened before then.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
True but why would he give up Joe Morrow for Brenden Morrow and not be willing to give Joe Morrow, a 1st and a lesser prospect for Iggy? I mean, hell, is Bartkowski even anything more than Bortuzzo at this point? He's a 24 year old with 11 NHL games to his name.
I hear what you're saying here, but maybe the Flames didn't want Morrow?

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

Yeah I see what you're saying. But it depends on how Calgary values the prospects that they are looking at on Pittsburgh and Boston. Maybe they see something in Boston's talent pool that we don't.

It's also probable that nothing happens tonight at all and we are just wildly speculating.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Must be more to it because in no way is the rumored package "stepping up big." Maybe they decided to include Malcolm Subban after all.

I don't love the Bs getting Iginla but nor would I want Shero to bankrupt our farm system.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Man, if it's Khokhlachev + Bartkowski + 1st for Iggy, I will flip the tables !

Don't tell me, we can't match that ..phuck!

We can't, because Calgary wants a center (and/or a goalie) and we just don't have anything worth building a trade around in the system.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Regardless if he is traded tonight or not it does mean Calgary is going to trade him. A couple people thought they would just keep the price out of reach and hope he would resign. A couple of guys McKenzie included keep saying he's only a rental.

If the price is a 1st a top prospect and a mid prospect for a pure rental that is over priced unless you come away with the cup.

Does Shero have a back up plan/another trade in the works. Do we have to improve if Boston gets Iggy?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I hear what you're saying here, but maybe the Flames didn't want Morrow?
Yeah I see what you're saying. But it depends on how Calgary values the prospects that they are looking at on Pittsburgh and Boston. Maybe they see something in Boston's talent pool that we don't.

It's also probable that nothing happens tonight at all and we are just wildly speculating.
That's possible. I would have offered any prospect + a 1st and a throw-in myself. Maybe Shero doesn't want to and Joe Morrow was as high as Shero was bidding in terms of a prospect and that wasn't enough. Who knows.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Regardless if he is traded tonight or not it does mean Calgary is going to trade him. A couple people thought they would just keep the price out of reach and hope he would resign. A couple of guys McKenzie included keep saying he's only a rental.

If the price is a 1st a top prospect and a mid prospect for a pure rental that is over priced unless you come away with the cup.

Does Shero have a back up plan/another trade in the works. Do we have to improve if Boston gets Iggy?

Only player rumored to be available that's close to that impact would Pominville.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

Rumors today in BOS were Jordan Caron and Matt Bartkowski were perhaps on way out. Caron in, Bartkowski scratched, Krug called up.

Then BOS prospect Alex Khokhlachev a healthy scratch for Providence tonight and CGY announces Iginla a healthy scratch tonight.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
We can't, because Calgary wants a center (and/or a goalie) and we just don't have anything worth building a trade around in the system.

Calgary has a need for D-Men too though. I think they'd take the best asset and not really get stuck on a single position or two but I could be wrong.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

Personally I still think the Pens would be the better team but it certainly wouldn't hurt to keep improving. It would be a very tough series.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah there has to be a reason Shero went for morrow instead of Iginla. Price was way too high ( I mean look at the high price for morrow).

Here's the way I see it. Boston probably even declined the flames offer...and went after morrow as well. They were willing to give up quite a but for morrow but missed out. The fact that we were the team to beat them out for him, and the fact they have been struggling on offense....it forced them to go all in for Iginla. Something they probably weren't planning on doing a week ago.

If they beat us in our matchups ...and weren't struggling...and got morrow....then they don't do this. But considering everything that has been going on, it forced their hand.

Gonna be interesting ECF if its us and them . Don't want to see the reaction, if Iginla is a huge factor if they take that series. Good Lord

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
It sucks that Boston is gonna get him. I hope he is a true rental and either goes back to Calgary in the off season, or signs here in Pitt ala Hossa. :naughty:

It'll be even sweeter when we knock the Brooons out in the ECF on our way to capture the Cup!

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary has a need for D-Men too though. I think they'd take the best asset and not really get stuck on a single position or two but I could be wrong.

If we've learned one thing over these past few years, it's that Jay Feaster is not very good at his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad