GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
The Rangers are 3-0 this postseason under Kozari, including two series-winning games. Florida is 0-1.

Florida is 10-0-1 in their last 10 under O’Rourke, including playoffs. The Rangers are 0-1 in the playoffs when O’Rourke is working; the Panthers are 1-0.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
And if they scored on the ensuing powerplay, we're probably back at the Garden for game 5.
But they didn't... that's the beauty of having top notch penalty killing.
You can say that Rempe's contributions are outweighed by potential consequences, and for that reason you'd rather he sits, that's subjective, it's a valid opinion. But to say he doesn't contribute anything is objectively incorrect.

Reactions: TheWrongWay

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rempe was woefully ineffective against Carolina. Did he throw a single hit of any significance or do anything even remotely notable in that series outside of grabbing DeAngelo by the collar and getting whistled for a bogus GI penalty?

Now Florida is very much a different beast and they seek trouble, but they're also good. This isn't Washington who play a similar game but suck.

I'm sure some moron will be like "THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF REMPE WERE IN THERE" the second Florida starts any shenanigans tonight but Rempe won't stop shenanigans, he'll only add too them. Florida is going to do what they do regardless of who is out there and 4 minutes of Rempe isn't going to change anything outside of having a guy who might smoke one of their players (and probably get a penalty for it even if it isn't one) or punch someone in the face if they're willing to fight him (and the guys we'd want to take off of the ice won't, they aren't dumb and they're spot pickers.)

Reactions: Lua and Machinehead

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
If you think about the Cane series, it was a lot closer than one would think. Yes, we went up 3 zip, but two of those games went to OT. And anything can happen in OT.

I have no doubt, Florida will be just as tough an opponent. But if it comes down to a game 7 at the Garden, we will blow them out.

Reactions: AirGut

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Who is this Lundell their raving about? He has 2 goals in these playoffs, and he's their secret weapon? Please.

The cats are cooked. They have nothing on us.

The Canes were the Cup favorites. This is not a step up in competition, contrary to what everyone thinks.

We will beat their forecheck.
More like this, please.

Reactions: ohbaby

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
8qwp30.jpg

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Rempe was woefully ineffective against Carolina. Did he throw a single hit of any significance or do anything even remotely notable in that series outside of grabbing DeAngelo by the collar and getting whistled for a bogus GI penalty?

Now Florida is very much a different beast and they seek trouble, but they're also good. This isn't Washington who play a similar game but suck.

I'm sure some moron will be like "THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF REMPE WERE IN THERE" the second Florida starts any shenanigans tonight but Rempe won't stop shenanigans, he'll only add too them. Florida is going to do what they do regardless of who is out there and 4 minutes of Rempe isn't going to change anything outside of having a guy who might smoke one of their players (and probably get a penalty for it even if it isn't one) or punch someone in the face if they're willing to fight him (and the guys we'd want to take off of the ice won't, they aren't dumb and they're spot pickers.)
As Sean Avery has said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have Rempe bury a Bennet. We can kill a 5 minute major, and I agree. It would set a tone. He's an X-factor. He will have them looking over their shoulder. And who gets the crowd into it more than him? You might not think these benefits are tangible, but I beg to differ.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Roslovic has his warts but quite a few times in these playoffs I find myself saying, “Ros was on the scoresheet tonight” or “Ros made a nifty lil play there”.

When I watch Wennberg I wonder if I still have an old rosary buried in a drawer somewhere so that I may try and ask for forgiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad