Prospect Info: LHD Alfons Freij #37 2024 NHL draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Junior numbers aren't bad, only 2 d-men with more points than him- Sahlin Wallenius and Noel Fransen but he seems to have a bit of size on those two other guys.

“Some of you might be wondering why we have Freij far ahead of Wallenius, and it comes down to one major factor for me and that’s the tool-kit” HP Scout, Brad Allen.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

The Hockey News / Ferrari had Freij at 7 AHEAD of Tij Iginla, SMAHT Scouting had him at 17, and McKeen had him at 19. Maybe I should put out a tweet that Alfons Freij was a DRAFT STEAL.

There is NO WAY he was a reach when you can see above that he was a steal by just as many as they felt he was a reach. Interesting, 3 people ranked him at 37 where he was drafted.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Sounds like he could potentially develop into a steel of a second round pick
Man of Steel?
man-of-steel.jpg

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not a ton of fanfare on the prospect board pre-draft (just a couple of pages) but it's almost unanimously singing his praises.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I wouldve preferred Muggli if were picking LD, guys like Mews, Brunicke and Gill at RD still on the board.

From what I saw of this player in the U18 games vs Sweden, lots of offensive potential.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I guess you could say the two ideas can both fit together.

Best player available really means "best player 5 years down the road given the right development" available
Now that I think about it with defenseman this is more like 8 years down the road. Anywho...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00