Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_1450.jpeg

Lindros8899

Feb 28, 2020
Was listening to BPM Sports (French station) out here in Ottawa this morning and his agent was on the call to explain away an appearance snafu with Joshua Roy. At the end of the interview, his agent did confirm that they were working on a long term deal, but stated the rumours around the numbers are false. Said the fact that the Rangers are in MTL this week will hopefully speed things along.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Shesty
Panarin
Fox
Kreider
Trochek/ Laf
Subjective but Laf has been better than Kreids or Troch so far this season, a small sample but all we have. Laf and Troch were our two best forwards in the playoffs as well, esp, as it went deeper. I’ll stand by Laf being our second best forward this year. If I’m wrong you can let me know at the end of the season/playoffs. Hahaha.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Just to be clear Shesty isn’t our best player.
That would be Panarin by a wide margin.
Don’t assume because journalists are running with it, that it’s accurate.

There’s also a very valid argument that Fox is ahead of him as well.
The top 3 go in cycles. But it’s been those 3 for a while now

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Subjective but Laf has been better than Kreids or Troch so far this season, a small sample but all we have. Laf and Troch were our two best forwards in the playoffs as well, esp, as it went deeper. I’ll stand by Laf being our second best forward this year. If I’m wrong you can let me know at the end of the season/playoffs. Hahaha.
He’s definitely been better than Kreider and probably Tro as well so far but yes it’s a small sample size

Reactions: bhamill

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Whats the hold on on signing him, he's going to be demanding 10M by the end of the season.
how do you imagine negotiations and deals go

if he's thinking the same thing you are (I could ask for 10 mill by the end of the season!) why would he sign for less now?

ya'll are just plain weird.

Laf knows he's good, he knows he's in an excellent position playing on the most productive line in the NHL, he knows he can get paid. He's not going to panic sign a contract just because the Rangers put some lowball in front of him.

What's Drury waiting for? Nothing, he's negotiating now trying to get a deal done. Do you imagine Drury's offering like $4mill per and 8 years long and if only he'd offer $8x8 things would get done and Laf would be signed for a team friendly deal? Laf's gonna squeeze 'em for whatever he can and he's not some ignorant kid just happy to be here and glad to be paid whatever the team would like

Reactions: GAGLine

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
how do you imagine negotiations and deals go

if he's thinking the same thing you are (I could ask for 10 mill by the end of the season!) why would he sign for less now?

ya'll are just plain weird.

Laf knows he's good, he knows he's in an excellent position playing on the most productive line in the NHL, he knows he can get paid. He's not going to panic sign a contract just because the Rangers put some lowball in front of him.

What's Drury waiting for? Nothing, he's negotiating now trying to get a deal done. Do you imagine Drury's offering like $4mill per and 8 years long and if only he'd offer $8x8 things would get done and Laf would be signed for a team friendly deal? Laf's gonna squeeze 'em for whatever he can and he's not some ignorant kid just happy to be here and glad to be paid whatever the team would like
I know that lol. I just want it signed ASAP because the longer it goes the higher it gets.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
In an early-season head to head with Alex Laferriere:

Lafreniere 5 GP, 3 G, 3 A, 6 PTS, even, born Oct 11, 2001
Laferriere 6 GP, 4 G, 1 A, 5 PTS, +5, born Oct 28, 2001

Reactions: FultonReed

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
In an early-season head to head with Alex Laferriere:

Lafreniere 5 GP, 3 G, 3 A, 6 PTS, even, born Oct 11, 2001
Laferriere 6 GP, 4 G, 1 A, 5 PTS, +5, born Oct 28, 2001

If these two cross paths this year, Sam might take an early retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad