Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
There’s a decent chance he’s considered our best forward by the end of this year. It’s really hard to come up with a number that’s too high on an 8 year deal that won’t look good in a couple years with a rising cap.

He absolutely was our most dynamic forward throughout the last playoffs. Picking up just where he left off.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
1728613583781.png

Great news!! get it done!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Laf making less than Zibanejad would be a major boost for this team. He's become one of the better 5v5 players in the league. You're going to get 100 points out of him once he actually gets PP1 time.

Couldn't be more thrilled with the 180 he's made since year 3. Finally put in the real work and got results. Have to wonder that Kakko saw that and wants to get there too.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Off to a terrific start, but part of me wonders what Laf looks like without Panarin. Can he carry a line? He shows brilliance, but anybody would benefit from playing with bread man. That’s what I’d expect from a $8MM player — if that’s what we will spend on him. Nothing wrong if he can’t, but then we should revisit that figure. How much, if at all, would his performance suffer if he played with other line mates or, better yet, to what extent would their production benefit from playing with him?

We’re not talking about a 50-60 point player. Regardless of line mates, he looks like a 70 point player, but I wonder if he can get to 90 without the Bread Man and whether he can turn 40 point guys into 55 point guys.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Off to a terrific start, but part of me wonders what Laf looks like without Panarin. Can he carry a line? He shows brilliance, but anybody would benefit from playing with bread man. That’s what I’d expect from a $8MM player — if that’s what we will spend on him. Nothing wrong if he can’t, but then we should revisit that figure. How much, if at all, would his performance suffer if he played with other line mates or, better yet, to what extent would their production benefit from playing with him?

We’re not talking about a 50-60 point player. Regardless of line mates, he looks like a 70 point player, but I wonder if he can get to 90 without the Bread Man and whether he can turn 40 point guys into 55 point guys.
its not a hard leap from 50+ even strength points to an 80 pt season with pp1 time.
I seriously think 8-9m will end up being a bargain contract with him.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad