Alexander Nylander wants to be picked by Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
Do you think Toronto still goes with him even if Laine was there by the time Leafs made their pick?

Easy Laine. Even if they wanted Nylander over Laine (which they wont). They would never waste that pick for Nylander. They would either trade down before, or use Laine in a trade to get Nylander later (But that wouldn't happen).

Laine > Nylander atm.

Nylander - Nylander might turn in to a Sedin-like duo. But that's a huge risk to gamble over at the draft imo.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Put all the sentimental stuff behind you guys, Best Player Available.

Yeah, but, BPA is so subjective! BPA is different from 1 scout to another!

Also, do we really want to be the Canucks East?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
You pick him if it makes sense. The Finns and Chychrun maybe be within reach, and appear to be better prospects. So, If we're drafting outside the top 4, sure, Nylander would make sense. Picks 1-4 though? seems like a foolish move to take him based on the fact that his name is Nylander. Either way, if we're drafting near the top again, we're adding another excellent prospect.

champs*

You pick him if it makes sense. The Finns and Chychrun maybe be within reach, and appear to be better prospects. So, If we're drafting outside the top 4, sure, Nylander would make sense. Picks 1-4 though? seems like a foolish move to take him based on the fact that his name is Nylander. Either way, if we're drafting near the top again, we're adding another excellent prospect.

LOL on the avatar and your name :laugh::laugh:

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Have him behind Matthews,Laine and Puljujarvi but with the 4th pick i think id take him, tkachuk is pretty good too but id rate nylander slightly over him. Chychrun simply does not have the offence of an Elite D prospect.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I have it as:

1) Matthews
2) Pulljuice
3) Laine
4) Chychrun

5) Nylander
6) McLeod
7) Joulevi

Chychrun might slip to the top of the second category if the trajectories don't change.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I have it as:

1) Matthews
2) Pulljuice
3) Laine
4) Chychrun

5) Nylander
6) McLeod
7) Joulevi

Chychrun might slip to the top of the second category if the trajectories don't change.

No Tkachuk? I also like Puljujarvi better than Laine. Seems like a minority opinion though on the main boards and prospect threads I've noticed.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I'd love to see him in a Leafs sweater if we're picking 6-8. There are obviously several guys I'd want over him though, but I'd have no problem taking Nylander once guys like Laine, Chychrun, etc. are gone.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
No Tkachuk? I also like Puljujarvi better than Laine. Seems like a minority opinion though on the main boards and prospect threads I've noticed.

From the games I've seen previously, Pulljuice is a more consistent performer. He always provides something. Laine can be really quiet and ineffective when not on his game. Not much separating them.

Tkachuk is probably my #8, but I'm not as high on him as many others and I might have others over him as I get to know more players.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Matthews
Puljujarvi
Laine
Chychrun
Nylander

If we're at #5, I'd love to take him. I still think the Finns are better and Chychrun would be that guy that could make us basically set on the blue line for years to come.

I\m really on the Laine train though, that man is a beast with great skill for a guy of his size.

mikebel111*

I am with you.
i like Jesse a little bit more, but I would be happy any of them

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Hopefully this doesn't happen, because that would imply we're in the 7-10 range and not the top 4.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
While there are others I would want above Alex Nylander, I would not be upset landing him.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I have it as:

1) Matthews
2) Pulljuice
3) Laine
4) Chychrun

5) Nylander
6) McLeod
7) Joulevi

Our top 5 is identical. I think Puljujarvi is slightly ahead on Laine as well, and Chychrun and Nylander are really close for me as well. I think the Leafs would be lucky to end up with any of the top 5 there.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
I am with you.
i like Jesse a little bit more, but I would be happy any of them

I can't decide which of them I like better, but they're both easily 2 and 3 for me. Heading into this year I wanted us to pick up a forward with size and a really good shot to compliment our playmakers in Nylander and Marner.

Between JP and Laine, which is the better skater, shooter, and which has the highest hockey sense. They're both basically monsters on skates so that covers the size aspect haha

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
hes for sure behind the big 3, and i have chychrun at 4 still...hes right there wtih tkachuk at 5-6 imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad