Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Russian Kilometers cause less wear and tear when one adds voda... I mean vodka.
there is zero reason to like gusev over palimieri. gusev is the better playmaker. palmieri is probably equal or better in everything else.

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
there is zero reason to like gusev over palimieri. gusev is the better playmaker. palmieri is probably equal or better in everything else.
Palmieri is quite the sniper but Im taking Gusev over him ten out of ten times

Palmieri has never had PPG potential

Reactions: TZdevils

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Lol what? 0 reasons? Let's be real here, Palmieri does nothing but scores goals but when he's not he's invisible. Gusev so far has been the catalyst for every line he's been on. I don't think it's a coincidence that everyone he played with had career years. Gusev will easily be 70+ points next season if given top line minutes. We haven't even seen him with a true #1 or #2 center yet. Put him with nico and forget about it.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
All things being equal, I’d keep Gusev over Palmieri.

I don’t know that all things are equal though. So contract negotiations and the players desire to stay will play a big role in what happens. I’d like to keep whichever combination provides the best contract value and trade return; that could mean keep both, trade 1, or trade both.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
just setup william eklund on a one-timer goal

Everyone knows that Holtz is a sniper. The goalie is frozen to prepare of Holtz to shoot, but he passes it instead. The netminder recognizes this too late and and it's a easy put in. If Holtz wasn't a known sniper, the goalie would be prepared for a pass.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
All things being equal, I’d keep Gusev over Palmieri.

I don’t know that all things are equal though. So contract negotiations and the players desire to stay will play a big role in what happens. I’d like to keep whichever combination provides the best contract value and trade return; that could mean keep both, trade 1, or trade both.
i have a hard time to see things equal from a defensive point of view. palmieri is the better player against the puck.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
i have a hard time to see things equal from a defensive point of view. palmieri is the better player against the puck.

There’s a fun advanced stats site for SHL players that has Expected Goals (xG). The results aren’t shocking with Holtz the highest xG on the team (and 8th highest in the SHL) and just being unlucky so far unlike his linemates.

NameActual G/60Expected xG/60AvE
Holtz 1.04 1.56 -0.52
Eklund1.581.29+0.30
Josefson1.080.89+0.19
Ostman0.000.53-0.53
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

If you check out the other pages the most concerning thing is that Holtz’s new center, Kalle Ostman, isn’t good but there’s not much they can do because his team has a very limited number of even sort of offensively productive forwards.

https://www.betterthanamonkey.com/expected-goals/

(This site sucks on a phone to the point of it almost not being usable on one. Sorry.)

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
There’s a fun advanced stats site for SHL players that has Expected Goals (xG). The results aren’t shocking with Holtz the highest xG on the team (and 8th highest in the SHL) and just being unlucky so far unlike his linemates.

NameActual G/60Expected xG/60AvE
Holtz 1.04 1.56 -0.52
Eklund1.581.29+0.30
Josefson1.080.89+0.19
Ostman0.000.53-0.53
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
If you check out the other pages the most concerning thing is that Holtz’s new center, Kalle Ostman, isn’t good but there’s not much they can do because his team has a very limited number of even sort of offensively productive forwards.

Better than a Monkey

(This site sucks on a phone to the point of it almost not being usable on one. Sorry.)
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Does anyone know how long Josefson is going to be out?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I like the fact that Gusev is 17 months younger, which aligns a bit better with when the core group of players is expected to start peaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad