Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I was one of those guys who were worried Devils will draft him. He is still not great player without the puck, especially in d-zone, anyway from the draft day he is our guy and deserve only cheer.
As mong as he becomes average deffensivley I dont think anyone here will be concerned about his defensive game. He checks so many boxes for team needs...Elite shooter/scorer , good size and a right handed shot being 3 right there. Maybe he wont be the best player compared to Rossi , Perfetti , Lundell etc but the fanbase loves this pick for the most part. He has taken another step so far in his D+1 season and we are happy with it. I'm looming forward to what he does at the world juniors. Playing with Raymomd might give us a taste of what he could potentially do with Hughes in the hopefully near future.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
As mong as he becomes average deffensivley I dont think anyone here will be concerned about his defensive game. He checks so many boxes for team needs...Elite shooter/scorer , good size and a right handed shot being 3 right there. Maybe he wont be the best player compared to Rossi , Perfetti , Lundell etc but the fanbase loves this pick for the most part. He has taken another step so far in his D+1 season and we are happy with it. I'm looming forward to what he does at the world juniors. Playing with Raymomd might give us a taste of what he could potentially do with Hughes in the hopefully near future.
I like him right after he was drafted. He play better in neutral zone, he is more agressive in forechecking in offensive zone. Now he makes much better decisions, he shoots pretty smarty. When devils draft him and Mercer, drafted Clarke and Thompson year ago, devils take great deep on the RW. For now i can say only good things about him and about his draft. He is top player in Djurgarden. If he can improve his game in D-zone, if he can get point per game, you can expect a lot from him.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
After paying way more attention to him and seeing the start he’s had this season...if the draft was held today, I think I’d be taking him over Rossi...and I was firmly on the Rossi train at the time of the draft.

I really think he’s gonna be a good one

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I was one of those guys who were worried Devils will draft him. He is still not great player without the puck, especially in d-zone, anyway from the draft day he is our guy and deserve only cheer.

He's definitely not without his faults, but offensively he is great in so many aspects aside from his shot.

So excited for Holtz to come over and have him play with one of Nico or Hughes for the foreseeable future.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I`m a fan of balance, so my bet on Hughes-Mercer and Hischier-Holtz duos.

So we are going to do this again? Look we’ve already gone over how long I spent projecting Nico to play with Mercer to maximize their two way matchup potential and for Jack to play with Holtz to maximize their offensive talents. Then you show up from Russia and throw all my hard work in the trash. What’s next? Are you going to tell us Gritsyuk is good in the offensive end? You are really getting my goat or maybe some other farm animal.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
So we are going to do this again? Look we’ve already gone over how long I spent projecting Nico to play with Mercer to maximize their two way matchup potential and for Jack to play with Holtz to maximize their offensive talents. Then you show up from Russia and throw all my hard work in the trash. What’s next? Are you going to tell us Gritsyuk is good in the offensive end? You are really getting my goat or maybe some other farm animal.

You would surprise if i say Gritsyuk is the best devils prospect in entering the zone. I would understand argue about Mercer. But defenetly better than Holtz, Merkley, Kuokkanen, Pakkila, Pasic and Boqvist. I didn`t watch full games of Foote and Thompson - let's get them out of the box. But I need to hit the brakes and stop advertising Gritsyuk in the topic about Holtz.

What I won't stop doing is stop ruining your farm.
All the time your goat has been a black sheep.
I'll be honest, let it be to your harm
In own zone Holtz and Hughes will look like a two pieces of... one bad coaching decision.

Like Hughes and Gusev were looking together.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You would surprise if i say Gritsyuk is the best devils prospect in entering the zone. I would understand argue about Mercer. But defenetly better than Holtz, Merkley, Kuokkanen, Pakkila, Pasic and Boqvist. I didn`t watch full games of Foote and Thompson - let's get them out of the box. But I need to hit the brakes and stop advertising Gritsyuk in the topic about Holtz.

What I won't stop doing is stop ruining your farm.
All the time your goat has been a black sheep.
I'll be honest, let it be to your harm
In own zone Holtz and Hughes will look like a two pieces of... one bad coaching decision.

Like Hughes and Gusev were looking together.

That last point is a good one. Presumably they will both develop enough defense to be passable.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
That last point is a good one. Presumably they will both develop enough defense to be passable.
Hope so. I will only be happy if Lafrennier and Kakko get tired of counting their minuses against Jack and Alexander. Ofcourse if they have a good enough education and brain to be able to count.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
It’s kind of funny.. holtz the team sniper just keeps setting up this Eklund kid. I can’t tell if he’s actually good or just benefiting from defenses respecting holtz shot too much

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
It’s kind of funny.. holtz the team sniper just keeps setting up this Eklund kid. I can’t tell if he’s actually good or just benefiting from defenses respecting holtz shot too much

You need to actually have a good shot to score, as many devils fans know too well. He's probably pretty legit.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
I hope this kid turns out to be legit for us. We havent had a 40 goal scorer in over a decade, and even then the last three werent true snipers anyway (Gionta, Parise, Elias)

I want a 50 goal scorer so I can stop seeing Brian Gionta as the Devils best season for goals. No pressure, Alexander

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I hope this kid turns out to be legit for us. We havent had a 40 goal scorer in over a decade, and even then the last three werent true snipers anyway (Gionta, Parise, Elias)

I want a 50 goal scorer so I can stop seeing Brian Gionta as the Devils best season for goals. No pressure, Alexander
I think your forgetting about Kovalchuk.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
You need to actually have a good shot to score, as many devils fans know too well. He's probably pretty legit.
He’s going to go top 10. Size is the only question. I’ve watched a few games and he’s looked incredible in every one. Lighting fast and great shot

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Also did our boy josefson get traded? Holtz and eklund are now playing in the second line with a new center. No jo in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad