Prospect Info: Alex Vlasic, Defence, USNTDP, 43rd overall (2019)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Vlasic was a kid I was pretty high on to start the season, soured on just a bit by the midway point, but got more on board by the end.

I will say this - Mattias Samuelsson went 32nd I believe last year as a monster/raw/project dman - Vlasic is ahead of Samuelsson in nearly every metric for me, especially the skating. This kid is not a bad skater, he obviously has things to work on, but comps like Carlo and Parayko are accurate - he can be somewhere close to that. This is a high reward with minimal risk because at worse he should be able to make his way to the NHL like Derek Forbort has.

Ceiling - Parayko
Floor - Forbort

We could have done far worse than this, and though many of us wanted the sexier players like N Robertson, etc..this kid might be that shutdown stud in 2-3 years to fully replace Connor Murphy.

Boqvist
Mitchell
Beaudin
Vlasic
Krys
Joker
Gilbert
Carlsson
Hillman

heck of a group right there plus a few others as well..

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
A “defensive defenseman” who is not that good a defense. He was just so hyped going to NTDP out of Chicago and doesn’t seem to have developed at then same rate as some of his teammates. Hoping he sticks to college commitment rather than OHL.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I have never watched a USNTDP game and not thought that Vlasic is the most awkward looking player ever.
Genuinely uncomfortable to watch him move around.

He makes plays, though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
IF Bowman signs him instead of letting him develop in college ,he could be sent to London and partner with Boqvist ..Then maybe they both could be a pairing in 2020/21 in the show.....except of course,we all expect a CBA termination and then a lockout probably again eating up half a season before start..

So in that case they would fo ishout 2020/21 in London(Boqvist's 3rd season I the OHL in this scenario..Nd Vlasi 's 2nd...then in the summer of 2021 we CBO Keith and Seabrook and insert the now "ready "Vlasic and Boqvist after 2 seasons together as our New 2 and 7 .into our Show in a chocago for the 2021/22 season..except on reversed sides to Keith and Seabrook..

Could this be The Master Plan?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
IF Bowman signs him instead of letting him develop in college ,he could be sent to London and partner with Boqvist ..Then maybe they both could be a pairing in 2020/21 in the show.....except of course,we all expect a CBA termination and then a lockout probably again eating up half a season before start..

So in that case they would fo ishout 2020/21 in London(Boqvist's 3rd season I the OHL in this scenario..Nd Vlasi 's 2nd...then in the summer of 2021 we CBO Keith and Seabrook and insert the now "ready "Vlasic and Boqvist after 2 seasons together as our New 2 and 7 .into our Show in a chocago for the 2021/22 season..except on reversed sides to Keith and Seabrook..

Could this be The Master Plan?
He's going to college, and Boqvist should not return to London.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
fwiw - His combine results were pretty good. Within the top 25 of
Agility & Balance (left time) - 12th
Agility & Balance (right time) - 21st
Wing span - 1st (80.75); Dach 16th (76.75)
% Body Fat - 20th
Force plate (vert jump) - 16th
Force plate (no arm jump) - 8th
Left hand grip - 8th
Right hand grip - 8th
Standing long jump - 22nd

source https://link.nhl.com/centralscouting/public/

Last edited:
Reactions: ColdSteel2

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Facially ,Vlasic has a resemblance to Toews...With their French ancestry one wo dersvif generations back in Framce they had an estors who were related...Looks like an Ancestry.com project coming up...

Vlasic is very well-spoken...and about more outgoing than Toews ..so if he becomes a fixture with the Hawks in the future,could be big commercials potential.. And a local guy for the Hawks Marketing Dept. to be very grateful for both P.R. and Advertisibg usages.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Facially ,Vlasic has a resemblance to Toews...With their French ancestry one wo dersvif generations back in Framce they had an estors who were related...Looks like an Ancestry.com project coming up...

Vlasic is very well-spoken...and about more outgoing than Toews ..so if he becomes a fixture with the Hawks in the future,could be big commercials potential.. And a local guy for the Hawks Marketing Dept. to be very grateful for both P.R. and Advertisibg usages.
.............I.....I....I just don't f***ing know - today is a day that will live in HF infamy..........

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Yea but the difference is (well two differences since neither guy is related.. **rollseyes**) Vlasic doesn't speak a lick of French.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
That is one of the strangest posts on any forum I have ever seen in my life. I think the assumed seriousness has me at a loss for words. Did fiddy win funniest poster?

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

No need for ancestory.com ... when you got this.

article-2435688-1853CD5600000578-829_636x382.jpg

36_Alex_Vlasic_medium.jpg

IMO, Alex Vlasic looks Japanese.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Through 7 games, Vlasic is playing 19:15 ATOI against some of the best teams in the League, he is beginning 60.9 % of even strength shifts in the defensive zone and he only has a 1.5 GA/60, which is superb. He has also averaged 2:27 of short-handed TOI per game and has yet to be on the ice for a goal against while short-handed.

Very strong start to the season for the 22 year old.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Through 7 games, Vlasic is playing 19:15 ATOI against some of the best teams in the League, he is beginning 60.9 % of even strength shifts in the defensive zone and he only has a 1.5 GA/60, which is superb. He has also averaged 2:27 of short-handed TOI per game and has yet to be on the ice for a goal against while short-handed.

Very strong start to the season for the 22 year old.
Its crazy hes got 2-3 years on Korchinski and Bedard and still so young. Him being a good top 4 shutdown penalty kill LD would be MASSIVE for this team going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad