Player Discussion Alex Tuch (acquired via trade from VGK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I don't really understand where you're coming from with your second comment since your first comment also describes Dahlin.

What's not to understand. Thought I said it pretty clear. I think Tuch would make a better Captain than Dahlin, and think Dahlin is just fine where he is as an assistant captain defensive leader.

Clearly you love Dahlin and want him to be your Captain. So state your case why he should be the captain over all other choices, versus lets say, just because he is your favorite player.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems like they finally have enough mass of people to look to as potential captains or assistants to have a strong leadership group once again. Whoever gets the C when Okposo moves on, cool. And it doesn’t seem like the group is anything but united and able to handle whoever that turns out to be.

Tuch’s love for being in a Sabres sweater and him being hype man and good vibes Woo meister isn’t changing. He seems like he would tuck in (pun intended) to keep on doing what he is doing. And if he were the choice, that’s something others would get behind as well.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
What's not to understand. Thought I said it pretty clear. I think Tuch would make a better Captain than Dahlin, and think Dahlin is just fine where he is as an assistant captain defensive leader.

Clearly you love Dahlin and want him to be your Captain. So state your case why he should be the captain over all other choices, versus lets say, just because he is your favorite player.
Because Dahlin’s practice habits are written about in depth. How he stokes everyone’s competitive fire, pushes the younger guys (OP in particular) and loves being in Buffalo.

He went through the mud, wasn’t given anything and came out a great player. He’s seen the worst of this organization and talks about how bad he wanted to be part of the solution and has worked his ass off to help turn us around.

Weirdly disingenuous to say people only want Dahls as the captain cause he’s good. I’d love Tuchy as the captain too but Dahlin is the likely front runner and has all captain qualities.

Reactions: Dingo44

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I plainly stated what there was to not understand. The things you said in the first comment describe Dahlin as well as Tuch yet in your second comment you stated that people only want Dahlin to be captain because he is the best player. It is an illogical set of comments.

Saying I "clearly love Dahlin and want him to be captain" is just doubling down on the nonsense. Did I say I want Dahlin to be captain? No. Does anything you're saying change or even address the fact that what you say in favor of Tuch being captain also applies to Dahlin yet you completely gloss it over in Dahlin's case? No. That was quite clearly the whole point of my comment so I don't know why you'd respond to what I said while also ignoring what I said.

Reactions: Dingo44

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Does Tuch go to the ASG if Tage sits it out ?

Also this

If Thompson doesn't go (and my guess is he still will be able to), they'd probably first offer to Dahlin, and then if he declines put a third Panther from the host team in and leave the Sabres without representation. Especially this close to the event.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Could you imagine if this team gave it to Dahlin?! It would be such a slap in the face to the area. Tuch is essentially a local boy and has everything you want in a captain. He is a better Drury IMO.

It's obviously going to be Dahlin. Tuch wasn't even given an A

Tuch as captain is nothing more than a feel good story for the locals

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Attaboy. I couldn't be happier with the eichel return. Even just Alex Touch would have been enough.

{whispers: SmartWater}

The return for Eichel was a stupid over payment by Vegas. Tuch for Eichel and a 3rd straight up would have been fair value. Then to throw in Krebs and a first as well?

Talk about a Darcyesque fleecing!

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The return for Eichel was a stupid over payment by Vegas. Tuch for Eichel and a 3rd straight up would have been fair value. Then to throw in Krebs and a first as well?

Vegas was still thinking they were getting the promise of what Eichel could be, not what he is. And would Adams have ever thought he was going to see this sort of production out of him? I doubt even Tuch's number one fan would have expected 35 goals and a point per game player.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Could you imagine if this team gave it to Dahlin?! It would be such a slap in the face to the area. Tuch is essentially a local boy and has everything you want in a captain. He is a better Drury IMO.
I mean, Dahlin is a fair candidate for captaincy IMO... I wouldn't mind if it were given to him

Dahlin: C
Tuch: A
Cozens: A

This is something I am expecting eventually but either way you slice it, I feel these 3 will have letters on there jersey's

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020

After the returns on Risto, Rhino, and that other guy, other GMs might be giving him the Sakic treatment:

"Hello from sunny, summery Buffalo, [fellow GM]. We haven't talked in a while. How's it going over there?"

"Holy crap, it's Adams. Where's my wallet? Hide the silverware! Check to see if those Cup banners are still hanging!"

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
After the returns on Risto, Rhino, and that other guy, other GMs might be giving him the Sakic treatment:

"Hello from sunny, summery Buffalo, [fellow GM]. We haven't talked in a while. How's it going over there?"

"Holy crap, it's Adams. Where's my wallet? Hide the silverware! Check to see if those Cup banners are still hanging!"

We really did do a stellar job recycling the previous top picks.

Grigs > RoR > Thompson

Risto > Rosen
Reinhart > Levi, Kulich
Eichel > Tuch, Krebs, Ostlund

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

jamienwalker

Jul 30, 2022
Grigs, Zads, Compher, and a second (early 2nd) for ROR, (and little brother) if i remember correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad