Rumor: Alex Pietrangelo possibly being shopped

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Pietrangelo would be a cap dump trade. Theodore is the player they can get a nice return for. It’s been speculated for months now, one of the two will likely have to go this summer…

I think Vegas also wants to get younger on the Blueline. Alex would be the one to move IMO, Theodore is younger and more mobile. Can't see them moving McNabb, he's one of a kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: VivaLasVegas

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Noodles mentions this on TSN's insider from a couple days ago. Vegas could possibly be looking to move Alex. Makes sense, he would get a fairly large return. Which teams do you think would be interested in and what are your offers?
A fairly large return?

A 34 year old washed D man making 8.8M for another 3 years & an NMC?

They'd be lucky if someone would take him for free.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I can't believe he is already in the fifth year of his contract. It feels like he signed there last season. Time flies.

They aren't getting a strong return if they move him. He has a NMC, has 3 years of term at 34.5 years old, and is owed significant real dollars on his contract. The only caveat is that if his signing bonus is paid out on July 1st, his base salary this season is low.

Unless he asked for a trade, or wants to play for a specific team for personal reasons, I can't see why he would waive. If he does waive, they might get a 2nd round pick for him. It's going to be a scenario where the return is accommodating the trade and freeing up the cap space.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
He didn't give the team a friendly deal, he got full market value. If you give something up in a contract then maybe you deserve a little more consideration but no, he got top dollar and NMC. Why should anyone feel bad for him being shopped? He still has to approve it if anyone is interested.

Pretty funny people saying its gotta bite them in the ass someday. Noted, fans of teams who haven't won a Cup in ages.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Vegas knows what they are doing. Sign a free agent then trade him after winning a cup. Get assets for a free signing, then sign another free agent. Works for them. A Cup and finals already.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
The way it should be!!!

This isn't a freakin charity league. You were paid to get us a cup. You got the money we got the cup. Time to move on ;)

btw doesn't he have full NTC/NMC :laugh:
Absolutely not the way it should be.

Would imagine he wants to move on. Playing in Vegas would be cool for a couple years but would suck after that at the end of the day.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I don’t know if it’d be a cap dump, as he was pretty good still in the cup season, but yea I don’t think they’d get much after a down year at his age.
He’s got a full NMC. If they’re trading him, he’s choosing where he’s going. That always drives the price way down. Theodore is the one without a contract extension in place and they can’t pay 3 of them. As soon as Hanifin was signed, the writing was on the wall. Good chance Theodore is still moved.

Reactions: Forge

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Probably back to the Blues considering Berube is gone. Word was he really disliked Berube. But from what I understand he does love St. Louis as his wife is from there as well.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yes he is. He does the podcast with Jeff O'Neil. Monday to Friday.
It's not a podcast, it's a radioshow. And neither of them are insiders, they don't have any insider information. Ever. They are just pundits for TSN.

I happen to actually listen to Overdrive, and Noodles said "I think Vegas might be shopping a D, I thought someone mentioned Pietrangelo some time ago".

Well, no-one actually has mentioned Pietrangelo. So this is a dumb f***ing thread. A thread based on someone saying someone else said something. Except they didn't.

And Pietro has a NMC anyway, so good f***ing luck, unless he would want a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad