Player Discussion Alex Newhook

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Still not sold on Newhook but he sure has tools. Great skater and a good shot but feels like something is missing still. I could see him being the odd man out in a few years when some of the young prospects start making the team. Demidov is a surefire second line winger, and with Laine, he's already primed to be bumped to the third line as of next season and there is a lot of competition for third line rolls - we're already seeing that with Heineman and Kapanen this year.
I think the puckhandling is missing. Offensive flair. He is a good skater. I think he could be the 6th best forward of a contender. Or a really good 3rd line player. He is a player for milieu d’alignement

Reactions: Habs13 and Toene

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Still not sold on Newhook but he sure has tools. Great skater and a good shot but feels like something is missing still. I could see him being the odd man out in a few years when some of the young prospects start making the team. Demidov is a surefire second line winger, and with Laine, he's already primed to be bumped to the third line as of next season and there is a lot of competition for third line rolls - we're already seeing that with Heineman and Kapanen this year.
I don’t think he’ll be the odd man out. I can see him on a good scoring third line who can be brought up to the second.

He’s a second line caliber player but we’ve got so much talent coming I think he winds up on the third- and that bodes really, really well for us. If he’s on your third line then you’ve got great scoring depth.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He'll be battling both Kapanen and Beck for 3rd line center. Not sure if there's a spot for him either, but think he's underrated. Had a really good game yesterday.
I think he plays with Beck and maybe Roy on the third down the road. Either Roy or Newhook could be second liners but Laine eats that spot up. A lot will depend on what happens with him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don’t think he’ll be the odd man out. I can see him on a good scoring third line who can be brought up to the second.

He’s a second line caliber player but we’ve got so much talent coming I think he winds up on the third- and that bodes really, really well for us. If he’s on your third line then you’ve got great scoring depth.
Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Hage-Kapanen
Heineman-Beck-Gallagher/Anderson
Anderson/Gallagher (Tuch)

Trade Armia, Evans, Dvorak and Pezzetta this year for futures

Matheson-Guhle
Reinbacher-Hutson
Struble-Mailloux
Xhekaj (Barron)

Trade Savard this year for futures

Lafleurs Guy