Player Discussion Alex Newhook

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Still not sold on Newhook but he sure has tools. Great skater and a good shot but feels like something is missing still. I could see him being the odd man out in a few years when some of the young prospects start making the team. Demidov is a surefire second line winger, and with Laine, he's already primed to be bumped to the third line as of next season and there is a lot of competition for third line rolls - we're already seeing that with Heineman and Kapanen this year.
I think the puckhandling is missing. Offensive flair. He is a good skater. I think he could be the 6th best forward of a contender. Or a really good 3rd line player. He is a player for milieu d’alignement

Reactions: Habs13 and Toene

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Still not sold on Newhook but he sure has tools. Great skater and a good shot but feels like something is missing still. I could see him being the odd man out in a few years when some of the young prospects start making the team. Demidov is a surefire second line winger, and with Laine, he's already primed to be bumped to the third line as of next season and there is a lot of competition for third line rolls - we're already seeing that with Heineman and Kapanen this year.
I don’t think he’ll be the odd man out. I can see him on a good scoring third line who can be brought up to the second.

He’s a second line caliber player but we’ve got so much talent coming I think he winds up on the third- and that bodes really, really well for us. If he’s on your third line then you’ve got great scoring depth.

Reactions: Habs13

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He'll be battling both Kapanen and Beck for 3rd line center. Not sure if there's a spot for him either, but think he's underrated. Had a really good game yesterday.
I think he plays with Beck and maybe Roy on the third down the road. Either Roy or Newhook could be second liners but Laine eats that spot up. A lot will depend on what happens with him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don’t think he’ll be the odd man out. I can see him on a good scoring third line who can be brought up to the second.

He’s a second line caliber player but we’ve got so much talent coming I think he winds up on the third- and that bodes really, really well for us. If he’s on your third line then you’ve got great scoring depth.
Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Hage-Kapanen
Heineman-Beck-Gallagher/Anderson
Anderson/Gallagher (Tuch)

Trade Armia, Evans, Dvorak and Pezzetta this year for futures

Matheson-Guhle
Reinbacher-Hutson
Struble-Mailloux
Xhekaj (Barron)

Trade Savard this year for futures

Ad