Confirmed with Link: Alex Burrows no longer assistant coach, becomes development consultant

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Sometimes..................players who performed at a high level can share their knowledge and want to coach.......that's why certain players come to mind.
Carbo and Jarvis come to mind where they did coach and run a PP and PK and so on.
Yes, when those player where leaders they can be a good fit. Like David Savard could be a good assistant coach when he will retire

But Markov, where talking about someone who most of his ex teammate haven’t him speak to them once not even responding when someone tell him hi

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Never liked him, so this is good news for me (same with Houle).

Don’t believe it’s all his fault for the PP, theres so much you can draw and come up with and sometimes the players on the ice have to do the job. He’s definitely accountable for a part of it.

Drop pass is not going away, most teams in the league use it if not all of them.

Hope they get someone with experience, maybe Gallant back could be a good move.

We might finally learn what Letowskj does :sarcasm:.

He’s Marty’s bestie on the team. You can expect he’ll be there as long as Marty is.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yes, when those player where leaders they can be a good fit. Like David Savard could be a good assistant coach when he will retire

But Markov, where talking about someone who most of his ex teammate haven’t him speak to them once not even responding when someone tell him hi
I think many people thought they knew Andrei Markov..................some said he was a quiet leader, and others saw differently.
Subban loved the guy, and he read Price the riot act one after an OT loss.

We weren't in the room. so we will not assume we know his personality. He may not even be interested, just fans spitballing names....

I met Guy Carbonneau one time at a function, and the guy was a total dick.........wouldn't speak to anyone, so what should we make of that?? He actually did make a decent coach, yet doesn't speak to people?? See how that can work, when making assumptions.

Reactions: Nicko999

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think many people thought they knew Andrei Markov..................some said he was a quiet leader, and others saw differently.
Subban loved the guy, and he read Price the riot act one after an OT loss.

We weren't in the room. so we will not assume we know his personality. He may not even be interested, just fans spitballing names....

I met Guy Carbonneau one time at a function, and the guy was a total dick.........wouldn't speak to anyone, so what should we make of that?? He actually did make a decent coach, yet doesn't speak to people?? See how that can work, when making assumptions.
The comments I report though are from players that where actually in the room

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I have no problem with Markov not talking to any of the shitters on those Bergevin/Gainey teams. Garbage Bin squads without a single real first liner most years. Why would a general converse with common foot soldier. I'll take a mute and blind markov over any of the players we've seen here for the past 20 years aside from maybe Kovalev Pk Price and Saku.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I have no problem with Markov not talking to any of the shitters on those Bergevin/Gainey teams. Garbage Bin squads without a single real first liner most years. Why would a general converse with common foot soldier. I'll take a mute and blind markov over any of the players we've seen here for the past 20 years aside from maybe Kovalev Pk Price and Saku.

The general had no time to entertain the pleb, he was too busy sustaining the #1 PP in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad