Waived: Alex Barré-Boulet on Waivers (Purpose to be sent to Laval)

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Oh yes!!! This is exactly what Laval needed. A ppg player. I may actually subscribe to Flo sports now. ABB will help them immensely.

Dime a dozen player - going to where he belongs as a depth piece for Laval nothing more
Did u actually look up his stats? He’s a ppg player in the ahl.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
He did OK for the time he was here. I don't think sending him down is a knock on his play. As tohers have said he just got outplayed by 2 younger and better players. Kapanen and Heineman have intriguing upsides and may have a chance to end up as something more than bottom sixers ABB doesn't despite his good AHL stats

That said if he clears he's probably gonna be one of the first called up in case of injuries. In the meantime he will bring some offensive presence and leadership to Laval which can only be a good thing.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I don't know why they do this because he's a perfect 13th/14th forward due to age/not really needing dev time, and Laval doesn't have quite someone like that to call up (please don't name Farrell it's credibility-damaging) UNLESS they're calling up an 8th D.
To help laval team? We already have Pezzetta in the gallery press. He is a AHL player and a fringe NHL player at best.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
A bit surprised it's that early, but we basically had three players* for two slots in the lineup and apparently the staff is now comfortable with Heineman and Kapanen.

* not counting Pezzetta, who shouldn't be anything more than an extra forward.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Makes sense. Kapanen and Heineman are vastly superior.

Exactly this.

I don't know why they do this because he's a perfect 13th/14th forward due to age/not really needing dev time, and Laval doesn't have quite someone like that to call up (please don't name Farrell it's credibility-damaging) UNLESS they're calling up an 8th D.

Pezzetta is the perfect 13th forward.

ABB is better off in the AHL.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hopefully they do the same with Primeau if he shits the bed the next game

Why?

Dobes need to get games and won't get as many as a NHL backup versus AHL starter. Might I remind some people wanted him sent to the ECHL last January?

Hughes need to show what he can do on NA ice.

Unless we're getting outside help in net, we should wait a few months to see how the AHL goalies shake out.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
I really hope he clears. Laval could use this guy and it would be good to get another veteran skilled forward to play with the youngsters.

Laval making the playoffs is high on my wishlist this year.

Reactions: montreal

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
ABB is the type of player that has no business on a bottom 6 if he's not on a top 6. And frankly, he has no business on a top 6.

Somehow, you know that this is what the Habs had in mind....give him a 1-way contract in order to send him down and teams being afraid of picking him because of it.

I hope he clears for Laval. Tremendous help. But ABB is about to move to Europe.

Reactions: 26Mats and montreal

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
ABB is the type of player that has no business on a bottom 6 if he's not on a top 6. And frankly, he has no business on a top 6.

Somehow, you know that this is what the Habs had in mind....give him a 1-way contract in order to send him down and teams being afraid of picking him because of it.

I hope he clears for Laval. Tremendous help. But ABB is about to move to Europe.

Wouldn't mind him staying in Laval longer term if he wants to stay close to home.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
nothing surprising , when they signed him it was for Laval to begin with.
Sadly the Laine injury made a spot available but with Barron terrible performance and Struble injury we might get a new d-man up
I think it's more Struble injury that means we need a 7th dman.

While Struble is out, I hope Barron plays the lion's share of the games, and plays through his warts.

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
Montreal
Imma Barron white knight at your service for the kingdom. More XP = good stuff.
Still need another rotational piece on 3rd pair if Strubble ain't taking jersey anytime soon.
Mailloux, Engstrom, Lindstrom, name it.
We need 7D for B2B games like the Boston one that's a no brainer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad