Seravalli: Aleksei Kolosov not expected to report to Flyers camp, contract will toll

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
Very good 22-year-old KHL goalie, Flyers' top goalie prospect. They got him over from Belarus last spring at the time they brought Fedotov over, but stuck him in the AHL where he only got 1 start and reportedly was not given a translator despite being the only Russian-speaking player on the Phantoms.

Hard to believe someone would not have a good time riding busses around central Pennsylvania and silently watching Cal Petersen play hockey games. But Kolosov did not enjoy his AHL time and does not believe he will be given the opportunity to compete for an NHL job with legendary stalwarts like Ersson and Fedotov on the roster, so he is refusing to report.
Better than Yegor Zavragin?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Well after what Ive heard on how they treated him (not getting to play and stuck with no translator) I say he regrets signing with the Flyers :laugh:
He had not only a translator, but his girlfriend was staying with him as well. The hotel the players stay at is attached the PPL Center. They were also very forthright in what to expect - they never promised a starter's role down the stretch, they told him to come and get acquainted, and he'll get in a few starts.

IMO the kid just didn't enjoy the experience, and that's OK. However, the issue is he signed on the dotted line so honor the contract.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is this the one that got arrested trying to leave Russia and sent to the army?

Or was that the one that played a tiny bit last year? Fedotov?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Better than Yegor Zavragin?

Eh, I'm not a goalie guru so I can't gauge a 19-year-old who I never see play—Kolosov was certainly the closest to "ready" though based on his age and extensive strong play in the KHL, so I think it's fair to call him their "top" goalie prospect at the time.

End of the day, how many players will force their way out of that org before there is a wakeup call that something is really off there

I think any trouble with Michkov might raise eyebrows, but I think a lot of people don't realize they're being run by complete novices. When you look down their managerial depth chart, their CEO, GM, and President had a combined 0 years of NHL management experience when they took over in 2023.

While a guy like Fletcher was a terrible GM, he at least understood how a pro hockey team works as a company—how to hire translators and not renege on contract promises and all that. This group doesn't seem to know the operational basics of managing a pro hockey team, let alone how to build a good one, while the corporate ownership above them doesn't know enough about the business to hold them accountable.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this is related to him not feeling welcomed by the Flyers Org, but didn't they bring him over in April and allow a year of his ELC to be burned for only 2 weeks of service. That's got to carry some goodwill no?

Also feel like they would allow him enough playing time in the AHL as Peterson is not part of the teams plans after this year.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just to catch everyone up..

Kolosov is arguably the Flyers top goalie prospect. He signed with the Flyers in July of 2023. He came over to North America in April of 2024, after his KHL season concluded, to play with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL. The Flyers did not assign him a translator, stuck him in a hotel room by himself, and then barely used him down the stretch despite awful play from cap dump acquisition Cal Petersen.

In other words, they botched relations with another one of their top prospects.

They are run by a gaggle of morons.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Informative summation. Ty

Except it's not true.

Fedotov was in the NHL and not Kolosov because he is more experienced.

The comparison to Vasilevsky or some of the other top Russian goalies to this point is premature and extremely optimistic.

And while the Carter Hart situation was a blow to the Flyers' goaltending depth, it is hardly a given that Kolosov is their top prospect.

Bjarnason and Zavragin, while younger, both have high upsides.

• Haha
Reactions: Rich Nixon

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Except it's not true.

The comparison to Vasilevsky or some of the other top Russian goalies to this point is premature and extremely optimistic.

And while the Carter Hart situation was a blow to the Flyers' goaltending depth, it is hardly a given that Kolosov is their top prospect.

I knew literally nothing about the player so any info is new to me . Always good to have diversifying perspectives

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Except it's not true.

Hi. Besides a subjective conversation about which of the Flyers' goalie prospects should be considered their "top" one, what part wasn't true?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad