Aleksander Barkov now vs Jonathan Toews prime?

Aleksander Barkov now vs Jonathan Toews prime?

• Aleksander Barkov now

Votes: 157 52.2%
  • Jonathan Toews prime

Votes: 125 41.5%
  • Even

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Don't wanna be that guy but there's a thread on this, and in the 1st page...

Guess mods can decide if it needs to be merged.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Recency bias will ensure Barkov wins, but prime Toews was at the very least equal if not slightly better.

Barkov. Was able to win against McDavid without a Kane and Keith.

The 2024 Panthers were not exactly ‘Alexander Barkov and his merry band of stumblebums’. Barkov had a great team around him as well.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Toews in 2010 is better than any version of Barkov I've seen. Coming here for a partial opinion on these 2 guys would be like going to a Starbucks for a debate on gender roles. Toews is prob bottom 5 hated player OAT on HF and Barkov has a cult following. Toews was Canada's best player in that Olympics, that whole year, at such a young age was impressive.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
They’re pretty close. Barkov’s tools can be flashier at times, but I don’t know if he’s actually more effective. Despite the blowback from his media lovefest, prime Toews was really damn good.

Reactions: pi314 and banks

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Peak Toews is better but Barkov will end up having the better prime

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This is Jonathan Toews we’re talking about, not Joe Thornton or Patrick Marleau. This is a player that always came up big in the big moments.
You have your views, I have mine., like he’s also a guy who has fewer ppg ,full-82 game seasons than Evan Bouchard .

I like numbers, like how Toews was always the 3rd or 4th best player on those cup runs.

• Haha
Reactions: Regal

bobbydigital

Aug 18, 2016
Chicago
You have your views, I have mine., like he’s also a guy who has fewer ppg ,full-82 game seasons than Evan Bouchard .

I like numbers, like how Toews was always the 3rd or 4th best player on those cup runs.

The Hawks had multiple hall of famers on those rosters and Toews still took home the Smythe in 2010. Also named best forward of the Olympics. Toews has been unfairly maligned.

Reactions: Crow and banks

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Hawks had multiple hall of famers on those rosters and Toews still took home the Smythe in 2010. Also named best forward of the Olympics. Toews has been unfairly maligned.
A subjective award doesn’t change my opinion, nor does the fact he was named a top-100 player over guys like Malkin and Thornton.

Reactions: dukeofjive

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Pretty good poll, Toews, clutch as hell. Barkov more offensively gifted, and amazing defensively although his defensive peak isn't Toews. Hard to say... I'd go with Barkov, I think, hard to believe he's still only 28 years old.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad