Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Crewmember on Film Set

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Still haven’t answered why your side felt the need to try and cheat a trial to win MMC…

My “hot takes on political issues” have nothing to do with several facts about this case.
sureeeeeeeee. You realize you’re getting consistently ratio’d in here for a reason right? It’s because you’re clearly biased. And that’s fine, but stop acting like we’re the assholes for thinking this trial was a clear sham when it was proven to be one lmao

The only thing you have is to go “NO YOURE BIASED LOOK AT THE FACTS” and then present a bunch of nonsense when the actual facts are your side felt they needed to be corrupt to win this trial (which they still didn’t even come close to doing)

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Still haven’t answered why your side felt the need to try and cheat a trial to win MMC…

sureeeeeeeee. You realize you’re getting consistently ratio’d in here for a reason right? It’s because you’re clearly biased. And that’s fine, but stop acting like we’re the assholes for thinking this trial was a clear sham when it was proven to be one lmao
Yeah except for the fact that I’ve said several times that it’s because they were incompetent. Despite you continuing to press me on this I have never once tried to defend them so I don’t know why you keep trying to argue that with me. The prosecution being incompetent has nothing to do with Baldwin’s actions leading up to the incident.

And believe me, if I cared about seeming biased I wouldn’t be making such over the top posts about this. I never said anyone was an asshole, I just think you’re picking and choosing which aspect of this you want to focus on. I can admit that despite thinking Baldwin deserves legal repercussions the prosecution turned this into a sham trial. Doesn’t seem like those who only care about the trial being thrown out can make a similar admission about Baldwin.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price and MXD

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah except for the fact that I’ve said several times that it’s because they were incompetent. Despite you continuing to press me on this I have never once tried to defend them so I don’t know why you keep trying to argue that with me. The prosecution being incompetent has nothing to do with Baldwin’s actions leading up to the incident.

And believe me, if I cared about seeming biased I wouldn’t be making such over the top posts about this. I never said anyone was an asshole, I just think you’re picking and choosing which aspect of this you want to focus on. I can admit that despite thinking Baldwin deserves legal repercussions the prosecution turned this into a sham trial. Doesn’t seem like those who only care about the trial being thrown out can make a similar admission about Baldwin.
Yeah and like I said that wasn’t incompetence, that was deliberate and malicious and they did it for a reason. They weren’t going to win because it’s a bullshit case. Your answer of “incompetence” doesn’t even come close to accurately portraying this situation. The prosecution withheld exculpatory evidence. That’s not incompetence that’s CORRUPT. The whole thing was politically motivated. What we have now is people who voted for a certain god king coping and then people who actually care about the integrity of the American legal system and aren’t wearing their orange tinted glasses being like “yeah no shit he got off” like we’ve been saying the entire time he would. Like you keep trying to use “evidence” in your arguments on here that the judge flat out dismissed in the actual trial lmao (his status as a producer). And then a lot of other “evidence” you use is just bullshit, I thought McClure broke everything down 1 by 1 pretty accurately

This is like your team getting beat in hockey 6-1 and then still trying to argue that you’re the better team

I’ll close with these various quotes from the judge and then I’ll be done for good in this thread (barring somebody saying something egregious lol)

“If this conduct does not rise to the level of bad faith it certainly comes so near to bad faith to show signs of scorching.”

"The state's wilful withholding of this information was intentional and deliberate.”

“There is no way for the court to right this wrong,” she added. “The sanction of dismissal is the only warranted remedy.” Sommer dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it cannot be filed again.

Last edited:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Even one of the prosecutors assigned to the case thought it should have been dismissed. Scratch that...it shouldn't have even been a trial. Probably someone else he paid off I'm sure. /s

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Even one of the prosecutors assigned to the case thought it should have been dismissed. Scratch that...it shouldn't have even been a trial. Probably someone else he paid off I'm sure. /s

Unfortunately, there’s a guy in this thread who thinks Baldwin should be lynched because Baldwin once hurt his feelings.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Unfortunately, there’s a guy in this thread who thinks Baldwin should be lynched because Baldwin once hurt his feelings.
Yeah that's it. Nothing to do with negligence leading to a woman losing her life. You are clearly intelligent enough to actually contribute to this conversation rather than derailing it with stupid personal attacks, so I have no idea why you've twice attempted to make this personal with me, but it's incredibly lame of you

Last edited:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Yeah that's it. Nothing to do with negligence leading to a woman losing her life. You are clearly intelligent enough to actually contribute to this conversation rather than derailing it with stupid personal attacks, so I have no idea why you've twice attempted to make this personal with me, but it's incredibly lame of you
It's remarkable that you seem to ignore that the person responsible for her death was sentenced to jail. You just want to see Baldwin also be punished. Why aren't you also upset that the AD who gave Baldwin the gun isn't in prison? All the other producers? There was a litany of people who were negligent in this woman's death but it seems you're only calling for one person to go to jail over it.

This is clearly personal for you and the fact that you seem to admit it in your statements but also try to deny it directly is kind of funny if not for the fact that you're calling for someone to go to jail by any means necessary even when a judge has said the prosecution was engaging in some incredibly dangerous tactics.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's remarkable that you seem to ignore that the person responsible for her death was sentenced to jail. You just want to see Baldwin also be punished. Why aren't you also upset that the AD who gave Baldwin the gun isn't in prison? All the other producers? There was a litany of people who were negligent in this woman's death but it seems you're only calling for one person to go to jail over it.

This is clearly personal for you and the fact that you seem to admit it in your statements but also try to deny it directly is kind of funny if not for the fact that you're calling for someone to t replygo to jail by any means necessary even when a judge has said the prosecution was engaging in some incredibly dangerous tactics.
This is a thread about Alec Baldwin. The AD and the armorer were rightfully charged and convicted of crimes, meanwhile Baldwin it seems is going to avoid repercussions here. As I said before it can be true that both 1. The prosecution dropped the ball and the case deserved to be dismissed because of it and 2. That Baldwin was incredibly negligent and it's incredibly unfortunate that he's ultimately going to be removed of any criminal liability. Baldwin, as the producer, starring actor, and storywriter of a production described as his passion project clearly had a major role in creating what has been described as an incredibly unsafe environment by many individuals both involved and who specifically did NOT get involved due to these concerns.

I have zero issue with admitting that I don't like Baldwin and think the guy is an asshole. But I also think it's incredibly clear that he oversaw and helped create an incredibly unsafe environment on set that directly enabled something like this to happen. Most people who respond to me either take the stance of attacking the prosecution (something I am in agreement with so I don't understand why) or attacking the fact that I don't like him, which I mean sure, call me biased, but that has nothing to do with what actually happened here. No one seems to want to explain to me why I shouldn't hold the stance that AB was incredibly negligent here.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Price

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is a thread about Alec Baldwin. The AD and the armorer were rightfully charged and convicted of crimes, meanwhile Baldwin it seems is going to avoid repercussions here. As I said before it can be true that both 1. The prosecution dropped the ball and the case deserved to be dismissed because of it and 2. That Baldwin was incredibly negligent and it's incredibly unfortunate that he's ultimately going to be removed of any criminal liability. Baldwin, as the producer, starring actor, and storywriter of a production described as his passion project clearly had a major role in creating what has been described as an incredibly unsafe environment by many individuals both involved and who specifically did NOT get involved due to these concerns.

I have zero issue with admitting that I don't like Baldwin and think the guy is an asshole. But I also think it's incredibly clear that he oversaw and helped create an incredibly unsafe environment on set that directly enabled something like this to happen. Most people who respond to me either take the stance of attacking the prosecution (something I am in agreement with so I don't understand why) or attacking the fact that I don't like him, which I mean sure, call me biased, but that has nothing to do with what actually happened here. No one seems to want to explain to me why I shouldn't hold the stance that AB was incredibly negligent here.
Probably because you're seemingly blaming him in excess of the actual offense he committed and, in the absence of justification beyond "but it's totally his fault" over and over, nobody can come up with any possible rationale for that beyond personal bias.

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019

yep. They knew what they were doing when they did it

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The AD was given a sweetheart slap on the wrist all to get his cooperation to go after the celebrity they wanted. That's not justice.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007

I’ll make it really simple then: because he wasn’t on trial as a producer, the lead actor, or the writer of the movie. He was on trial for shooting someone and the question was if he was at fault for it.

Anyone without a personal bias against him can clearly see that he wasn’t the one at fault for the accident. It’s not a matter of if he was negligent as a producer or anything else. It’s about whether he was negligent in his handling of the weapon.

If you sentence someone to jail because they were negligent in the handling and safety of a weapon that ended up killing someone, how can you ALSO say the person who handled the weapon was negligent? That’s a ridiculous premise.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
2 things can be true

1. The prosecution royally f***ed this one up

and

2. Baldwin is an asshole who deserves to bear responsibility for an individual losing their life and its unfortunate that once again the megarich manage to avoid legal responsibility
Its amazing how devoid of logical thought/cogent analysis this is.
Baldwins a good man who just does excellent portrayal's of various celebrities. Thank god he will still be around to do them..
The unfortunate thing is some of his portrayals are not parodies. They are bang on (and very funny).

Reactions: SoupNazi

archangel2

May 19, 2019
And here's a potentially helpful video from someone who as much as admits he does not care for the guy...

and that is the thing. If you read all the information that has come out about the mishandling of the case and the lengths they went to make it look a certain way...even the most die hard Baldwins haters have said that based upon actions of stuff the prosecution did to hide stuff? The prosecution was doing a witch hunt. As numerous other videos by actual lawyers that have been posted on line make it clear that the prosecution broke so many laws that it is insane

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad