Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Yeah, maybe I wasn't being fair by saying "he's not really injured." I didn't mean it wasn't serious in it's own way. But he was cleared to start the game with the injury. He would have stayed in the game if they could have somehow managed to stop the bleeding. It was a gutsy effort but I don't see it as comparable to, for example, a pitcher getting hit by a comebacker. If they were indeed cheering him leaving the game, as opposed to his guts in pitching it, I don't see an issue.

That's a fair statement point and I understand where you are coming from. As for the cheering, they applauded him it seems when he was heading to the bench, so I mis-read that as well.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Dude. Quick morality check: Being a jerk in large groups and being a jerk in small settings is still being a jerk. The "location" doesn't change the fact that you're being a jerk. Guy was hurt and cheering someone being hurt is wrong. Period. The fans probably didn't know what was going on as they're in the stands. But the fact that you use nonsensical words like "virtue signalling" to ignore the fact you clearly can't define what is right and wrong says a great deal.... like, you probably shouldn't be announcing this fact on message boards.

Not being able to judge right and wrong on people being injured? Quick Psychology tip: That's textbook sociopathy. DSM-6. Look it up.

Didn't you see Bauer salute the crowd? They were cheering the gutsy effort, not the fact that he was injured.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Dude. Quick morality check: Being a jerk in large groups and being a jerk in small settings is still being a jerk. The "location" doesn't change the fact that you're being a jerk. Guy was hurt and cheering someone being hurt is wrong. Period. The fans probably didn't know what was going on as they're in the stands. But the fact that you use nonsensical words like "virtue signalling" to ignore the fact you clearly can't define what is right and wrong says a great deal.... like, you probably shouldn't be announcing this fact on message boards.

Not being able to judge right and wrong on people being injured? Quick Psychology tip: That's textbook sociopathy. DSM-6. Look it up.

As someone with mental illnesses myself, I can definitely tell you the DSM-5 is the current most updated version. And unlike software, there's no DSM-6 betas or slightly bugfixed DSN-5.0.1 :laugh:

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Probably a lot of hockey fans in the crowd, and generally hockey fans will cheer a guy who gets taken off injured even on the other team. Probably what took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad