GDT: AHL Playoffs - Albany Devils vs. Toronto Marlies: Game Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
missed the 2 games in toronto so far ……couldnt do wednesday and just wanted to relax after a week of work on the friday game……

hope to make the next…..you going?

I can't make game 6 but if it goes the distance I'll most likely be at game 7!

Hopefully it goes that far. But then again I'd hate to go if the Devs lost. The only thing worse than smug Leafs fans are smug Leafs fans masquerading as Marlies fans.

snizzbone*

Dirty hit for sure. Kinda feel like payback... Zacha and JOB are out because of questionable hits.

Got videos?

Also Percy was cross checked from behind last game in OT and is out with a concussion. So payback is pretty dumb when it's already occured.

edit: https://vine.co/v/iQIXxddOWb7

here is the zacha hit.. really hard to see what happened.. could have been a targetted headshot but it looks like he got full body as well.. questionable.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Got videos?

Also Percy was cross checked from behind last game in OT and is out with a concussion. So payback is pretty dumb when it's already occured.

It's less about payback and more about this being an intense series. These teams clearly don't like each other, a lot of guys have tip-toed the line. Obviously Kelley went too far but it's been back and forth.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is a real chippy series. Questionable hits from both sides are going to be par for the course.

Kelly definitely went to far and should be punished accordingly but hits that are borderline have and will continue to happen from both teams.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kelly is meh anyway, though he's probably better at the AHL than some of his NHL preseason work that we've seen over the years.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Got videos?

here is the zacha hit.. really hard to see what happened.. could have been a targetted headshot but it looks like he got full body as well.. questionable.

I agree that it's a stupid thing to do, but it's the way this series has been played so far. A lot of borderline dirty stuff happening on both sides.

Hit on Zacha was late and blindside. IMO

That bad, huh?

almost a Foligno special :laugh:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Got videos?

A suspendable hit on the NHL level. High and late.

I could absolutely see concussion being the result there as well.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
On a semi-positive note; Severson leads Albany in points with 8 in 8 games.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Was the Kelly hit really that bad? Toronto fans and players are making this sound like Dale Hunter and Pierre Turgeon.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
It wasn't good. Elbow to the head in open ice, but it isn't the worst hit I've ever seen.

He deserves a suspension, but that is about it.

maybe they give him one game looks like he went shoulder first on a smaller guy not that worst thing ever...he somehow still ended up a plus one...ohhh thats because helgeson and mozik were on for 6 goals against each'! terrible defensive performers from those two tonight

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
maybe they give him one game looks like he went shoulder first on a smaller guy not that worst thing ever...he somehow still ended up a plus one...ohhh thats because helgeson and mozik were on for 6 goals against each'! terrible defensive performers from those two tonight

They want a lot more than one game lol

We might have to start calling back some of the players we sent home at this rate :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad