AFCON 2021

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lineups are in for this great match up

80th minute and no goals. Shocked, I thought this would be the highest scoring match of the R16.

I watched Burkina Faso vs Gabon on tape delay the other day, that was a brilliant match. I was really going for Gabon, but Faso dominated that match from start to finish and perhaps they deservedly went through on epic penalties. Faso has had a very good tournament, they've been a pleasant surprise for me in regards to the amount of talent they have.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Equatorial Guinea onto face Senegal next.

Egypt getting it done but they have had and still are on the hardest path.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The good news is Bissouma will be coming home now!
I think international break means everyone will be back in house by next PL fixtures. Think that some might miss FA Cup round though if their team is going any deeper than the quarters.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think international break means everyone will be back in house by next PL fixtures. Think that some might miss FA Cup round though if their team is going any deeper than the quarters.
Yeah, as soon as I posted I realized everyone will be back.. but this way he will come back with some freshness to him!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Super late to the party, but Comoros played a defender as their goalkeeper against Cameroon, where they also sustained a horrible red card decision in the early goings? Hell of a display by them to come so close to tying the game multiple times. That's pretty damn unbelievable. E: That Algerian ref in the Senegal/Cape Verde match has to be one of the worst I have ever seen.

The Gambia also making this far is quite the accomplishment, but they lost today against Cameroon who looks posed to win the whole thing. Also, Burkina Faso beating Tunisia 1-0 at halftime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Man

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I'm still not convinced by Cameroon, but today it was rather easy for them, easier than against Comoros.

That could have been a penalty for Tunisia, but happy it wasn't, as I'd rather seen BF progress than Tunisia who are boring. Of course BF are not that good as a team, but they have a couple of interesting players who are able to produce some flair (Traore, Kabore, Tabsoba).

Now BF are picking up yellows left and right and then Danga gets sent off at 83rd minute.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bono livid with his teammate not corssing it in the final minute. Don’t blame him at all. Ludicrous decision

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mo Salah goal and assist. Final four of AFCON continuing his Ballon d’Or case.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I've watched all his games this tournament. Not even close to the best player in the tournament to be honest, but today he was the difference maker. Egypt deserved to go through because they were the team playing football, that is when they were not barking at the ref like rabid dogs, especially Elneny.

Reactions: Power Man

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Quite an eventful 0-0 first half between Senegal and Burkina Faso. Senegal had several penalty claims turned down by VAR and BF had to sub their keeper off after he collided with Koyate.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Abdou Diallo (PSG) puts Senegal ahead from a corner, after first blocking Koulibaly's scissors kick going in and the scoring himself instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad