AEW AEW new media rights deals with Turner $150m/year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Good for them. I have no other thoughts other than RIP to the time people wasted in their lives posting on social media and forums that AEW would not get another deal and/or the company was dead. You will never get those minutes and hours back. Maybe it will be dead in the future but for now it's alive and kicking.

nhlanon1

Oct 15, 2023
It's a good deal for AEW. I think WBD overpaid especially when AEW had no real bargaining power due to there not really being many other networks available.

It's odd to me that WBD is paying more and getting less with Rampage not being included. You'd think they would demand that or another show as part of the deal. ROH and Battle of the Belts weren't mentioned either though BOTB is so sporadic that it may have just been forgotten.

Rampage appears to be cancelled. Shockwave may or may not come and where it airs is going to be a big question. I'm not in favor of wrestling shows getting cancelled.

It's good they finally got their library up somewhere as that was long overdue, but it likely means Dark and Elevation are getting kicked off of Youtube.

We learned that WBD owns equity in AEW which has always been rumored and is now confirmed. It explains a lot about how AEW got created.

I really wish AEW would use the new money to make a real developmental program, sign rookies ala WWE's NIL program and try to run house shows again. I hope they don't use the new money to sign more ex-WWE people, obscure foreign wrestlers and so forth.

I do wish these networks would open up their pocketbooks a little for companies like NWA, MLW, WOW, NJPW and other smaller feds. Even a million a year would make a huge difference for some of those feds.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Fulham isn't that bad...
1727960779134.png

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
As I said a couple weeks ago, I'm interested to see what Tony does from here.

Does he take the TV deal as profits or does he just raise the ceiling on his spending spree? He's never going to beat WWE, but he could f*** up the talent market (Or continue to) by throwing wads of money at free agents.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I hope he uses it in a positive manner to grow the company...they have done a better job of giving talent stories to dive into, but continue to better the creative, I hope he starts there first

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Well, I've been waiting for an excuse to sub to Max. Now just need to figure out which service I'm going to drop. Too many!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
150 million appears to be incorrect. It is 3 years and 555 million with a 4th year option. Y1: 170m Y2: 185m Y3: 200m.

It's a good deal for AEW. I think WBD overpaid especially when AEW had no real bargaining power due to there not really being many other networks available.

It's odd to me that WBD is paying more and getting less with Rampage not being included. You'd think they would demand that or another show as part of the deal. ROH and Battle of the Belts weren't mentioned either though BOTB is so sporadic that it may have just been forgotten.

Rampage appears to be cancelled. Shockwave may or may not come and where it airs is going to be a big question. I'm not in favor of wrestling shows getting cancelled.

It's good they finally got their library up somewhere as that was long overdue, but it likely means Dark and Elevation are getting kicked off of Youtube.

We learned that WBD owns equity in AEW which has always been rumored and is now confirmed. It explains a lot about how AEW got created.

I really wish AEW would use the new money to make a real developmental program, sign rookies ala WWE's NIL program and try to run house shows again. I hope they don't use the new money to sign more ex-WWE people, obscure foreign wrestlers and so forth.

I do wish these networks would open up their pocketbooks a little for companies like NWA, MLW, WOW, NJPW and other smaller feds. Even a million a year would make a huge difference for some of those feds.
I don’t think the stake WBD has in AEW is anything close to confirmed tbh a lot of conflicting reports on that one. Agree with you on a true development though. Absolutely needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad