Confirmed with Link: Ads on jerseys coming in 22/23 season

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Surprised it didn't happen sooner in all honesty kinda like no touch icing and mandatory visors.

BTW how taken for granted already is no touch icing. I was a little ambivalent about it at first like many, but holy shit was it dumb and pointless not to do it sooner. Especially with the speed of the game now.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
With blink-182 coming back and Something Corporate announcing they’re gonna do a show for the first time in 13 years, 14 year old me would laugh so hard at a ‘Something Corporate’ patch for our ad :laugh:

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
Nothing on our helmets so far either. Enos digging deep for the sake of integrity, who knew.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No, not likely.

On a side note, grateful the Avs are one of the teams this year who have (so far) not added a jersey sponsor. Only a matter of time before they do but...at least for now they remain clean.
Is it by choice or they couldn’t find anyone willing to pay for it? Let’s not forget that their helmet sponsor is Ball…

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is it by choice or they couldn’t find anyone willing to pay for it? Let’s not forget that their helmet sponsor is Ball…

Right now I don't think they are. But the good news THERE is that I haven't noticed one way or another on the helmet ads, which means, like many things, we'll just learn to ignore them.

I can't imagine it would be that hard for the defending Cup champs to find a sponsor. Minnesota has a goddamned chiropractor on their jerseys, surely there's a regional business or two in Denver metro who'd pony up no problem.

Ceremony

Jun 8, 2012
There's absolutely no chance I'm getting used to them. I don't think we've played a team that just had a plain coloured wordmark yet, but they're all terrible and all stand out so much.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There's absolutely no chance I'm getting used to them. I don't think we've played a team that just had a plain coloured wordmark yet, but they're all terrible and all stand out so much.

The Canadian teams save for the Leafs (and I believe the two Alberta teams didn't bother) chose some of the most obnoxious ones, I'll admit those are annoying, but I guess they're getting their money's worth.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Montreal Canadiens chose the worst possible sponsor for their jerseys. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

I actually stopped noticing ads on helmets immediately but the jersey ads stick out in a major way for some.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don't care too much about the ads on jerseys and helmets but that f***ing garbage on the boards during gameplay has got to f***ing stop.

Do it in between whistles when the game is stopped if you have to and I will make sure to be annoyed just enough to remember your product and make sure I never support you.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't care too much about the ads on jerseys and helmets but that f***ing garbage on the boards during gameplay has got to f***ing stop.
I agree that this is 100X worse than the ads on jerseys and I really hate the ads on jerseys.

This is distracting as f***.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
200w (6).gif

Ceremony

Jun 8, 2012
Get straight to f***

They've pit Joe f***ing Sakic's f***ing name to it in the f***ing press release. f***ing vile.

They've pit Joe f***ing Sakic's f***ing name to it in the f***ing press release. f***ing vile.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Get straight to f***

What can you do? At the end of the day....

Sakic signed with New York Rangers, intentionally stuck his dickskinner in the operational end of a snowblower in order to not have to suit up for the Avs again and he loves corporate sponsors.

Fantastic hockey player. Shitty human being. :sarcasm:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
On one hand, it's not some big, tacky brand like Budweiser or Chevrolet.
On the other, it's a brokerage firm.
Oh well. At least it's a subtle logo, as far as these things go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad