Value of: Adrian Kempe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This depends on the view of the Winger position.

In my humble position, a top 6 winger has no other job than scoring goals.
Kempe is lightning fast and scores tons of goals, so he would be my first choice.

If you like this dangling and entertaining style with less goal output but still in the 30 goal range, Fiala is your man
Fiala could have hit 30 goals on the year if not for injuries, and Fiala had nearly double Kempe's assists. Kempe's the primary trigger-man on the power play, often fed by Fiala. Kempe's the better goal scorer though, and Kempe's also super clutch.

I can't help it but i have to smile at this beauty

You're the one who called Kopitar the "35 year old anchor of the line" in this very thread lmao

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Calgary should offer Hanifin and something else to fill the gap.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Eh, I don't know about that. We can all look back on proposals and make comments, but at the time the Kings were 18th in the league in points percentage and their defense was pretty severely underperforming. Kempe also picked up his pace pretty considerably, because he was on a 26-goal pace and finished with 41. It was clear this Kings team needed an upgrade at LD and at the time, Kempe was one person who could potentially bring that.
You don’t trade your best scorer to fix hole when the team has struggled offensively. Thankfully we have a good GM with a brain and don’t let fanboys make decisions.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
We all make mistakes Kurrlino. I have it on good authority that you recently left the toilet seat up after a tinkle
I am married since years, i don't even open the lid anymore

Fiala could have hit 30 goals on the year if not for injuries, and Fiala had nearly double Kempe's assists. Kempe's the primary trigger-man on the power play, often fed by Fiala. Kempe's the better goal scorer though, and Kempe's also super clutch.

This is why i said, it depends what you expect from a winger

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Fiala completely changed how the Kings play. He was able to control whole games offensively, something we haven't seen since Ziggy Palffy. He was one of the best Kings this season, if not the best. It sucks that he took that knee from Cogliano, because I would have loved to see him in the playoffs.

Kempe is more of an elite complementary guy. Super fast, great shot, kind of a jerk, but has a tendency to be streaky. First King since Robitaille in 93-94 to score 40+ in LA.

I think Fiala is the better player, but Kempe might be the most underrated player in the league.
This makes sense to me. Obviously better than Zucker ever got, but Kempe is more in the mold of Zucker while Fiala can drive the play on a line albeit from the wing position.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
LAK fans, who is better Fiala or Kempe? What are the main differences between the two? How do Kings fans feel about each player. This would help me understand how good he is. It looks like Fiala had a down year scoring-wise or at least was playing more of a facilitator role for LAK than for the Wild. I'm surprised that he wasn't on a 30-40g pace.
Fiala is better offensively and Kempe is the better all around player. Kempe has the better shot but Fiala can control the game on his own. Fiala was the Kings best player all year until he got taken out by a nasty knee on knee hit. But personally I'd rather have Kempe over Fiala because Kempe plays the all around game.

Reactions: YP44

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Fiala is better offensively and Kempe is the better all around player. Kempe has the better shot but Fiala can control the game on his own. Fiala was the Kings best player all year until he got taken out by a nasty knee on knee hit. But personally I'd rather have Kempe over Fiala because Kempe plays the all around game.
That's surprising. For the Wild, Fiala had one of the best shots I've ever seen on the team and was one of the best PKers on the team (IMO not all Wild fans would likely say the latter).

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
You don’t trade your best scorer to fix hole when the team has struggled offensively. Thankfully we have a good GM with a brain and don’t let fanboys make decisions.

At the time of this proposal, Kempe was tied for 8th on the Kings in points and tied for second in goals (with four other players). He wasn't playing his best, to say the least. Prior to last season, Kempe's highest single-season goal total was 14. It was entirely feasible that he posted career numbers in a contract year.

Now, this might be pretty unbelievable for some of you, but it's important that you read this: No where did anyone say Kempe wasn't a great player. This is a fantasy trade board. I was creating discussion to see what value Kempe had across the league. I am not -- and I can not possibly stress this enough -- the actual GM of the Los Angeles Kings. We post here because we like hockey and creating these make-believe trades can be fun.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Rompane

Jan 16, 2021
More valuable than his contract with those goal totals. That is for sure.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I completely understand this POV.
One thing Fiala brings is how elusive he is. He does not need to make a pass to get around a guy as he can beat them one on one. Not something a lot of kings can do. That knee on knee was terrible, and I worry long term with knee injuries. Fiala was the most dynamic King since Palffy before going down.
Who's more valuable between Kempe and Fiala, for me i think they are neck and neck and glad to have both.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As an Avs fan, I always notice Kempe and say to myself. This guy is Fing awesome and man is he underrated.

I’d pay thru the nose to get this dude. Avs just don’t have the assets.

Incredible player.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
As an Avs fan, I always notice Kempe and say to myself. This guy is Fing awesome and man is he underrated.

Incredible player.
What does paying through the nose look like to you?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Incredible player.
Well it's not that he is available anyways.
I don't see any trade that makes sense where you trade away a 40 goal scorer regardless which team

Reactions: McJedi

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What does paying through the nose look like to you?
Nuke + 2023 1st + future 2nd.

Well it's not that he is available anyways.
I don't see any trade that makes sense where you trade away a 40 goal scorer regardless which team
Me either. Kempe is a core player. You build teams around players like him. Freaking stud.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
hes the type of player serious playoff teams need.

toronto, nj and carolina should be all over this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad