Value of: Adrian Kempe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What's the value of Adrian Kempe right now? Kempe has 10 goals and 18 points so far this year (a 26-goal pace) after scoring 35 last year. He just turned 26 and has three years remaining at $5.5 million. With the signing of Fiala and the emergence of Kaliyev and Vilardi, Kempe has the highest value-to-expendablility ratio on the team I think.

Kings are looking for a left-handed defenseman and would be willing to include one of their right-handed defenders along with Kempe to make it happen. One of Durzi, Roy, or Walker would be preferable.

Thoughts?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
What's the value of Adrian Kempe right now? Kempe has 10 goals and 18 points so far this year (a 26-goal pace) after scoring 35 last year. He just turned 26 and has three years remaining at $5.5 million. With the signing of Fiala and the emergence of Kaliyev and Vilardi, Kempe has the highest value-to-expendablility ratio on the team I think.

Kings are looking for a left-handed defenseman and would be willing to include one of their right-handed defenders along with Kempe to make it happen. One of Durzi, Roy, or Walker would be preferable.

Thoughts?
Vilardi would probably have more interest.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Thoughts?
Is he a Centre? I'd trade Girard for him. His speed would make him a good match for Colorado.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Kempe has the highest value-to-expendablility ratio on the team I think.
... Thoughts?
Thoughts?
I think its extremely unlikely Blake moves a guy a guy he just re-signed 5 months ago
in fantasy hockey, or video game hockey, sure, everybody is in play
but rarely how it plays in NHL

1670877105099.png

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I for one am all for trading Kempe, hopefully to a very frigid and undesirable city, I think it would be a great wake-up call for the rest of the dressing room which is more interested in golf and surfing than hockey.
LA would not be looking for a small offensive "defenseman" in return, however.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Thoughts?
I think its extremely unlikely Blake moves a guy a guy he just re-signed 5 months ago
in fantasy hockey, or video game hockey, sure, everybody is in play
but rarely how it plays in NHL

View attachment 620487
Yzerman extended Mantha in November '20 and traded him in April '21.
1670879905805.png

Now... might I interest the fine folks in LA in a guy by the name of Ben Chiarot?

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
LA: Chychrun
Arizona: DeBrincat, Thomson
Ottawa: Kempe, Roy

Or something along those lines

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
RFA signings are traded. No so much with UFA signings

the unwritten rule— you don’t trade a UFA during year 1 of a multi year deal unless the player requests it
Oh, I know. However Detroit only has UFA LDs. I was more countering the not trading a recently extended player thing and figured while I'm here...

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
If the Kings are moving a winger is should be #33. Less term and an older player. They did not develop Kempe to move him once he has established himself as a scorer.
I get what you're saying, but Arvidsson has fit like a glove and he's coming off the books after next season anyways. If the right trade is there for a top 4 LHD and they want him though, you definitely do it.

Reactions: funky

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
think chychrun makes a lot of sense in la and they have the assets to give to Arizona.

provorov?

Reactions: funky

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
That’s exactly what Rob Blake would say if he were a poster on this site…

View attachment 620531

tenor.gif

Uhhh... no! Definitely not! I am not Rob Blake! And I would have refuted this ridiculous lie sooner except that I caught a few waves after leaving Toyota Sports Center this morning and left my phone in my truck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad