GDT: ADF Game 2- Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins 5/3/2014 12:30pm EST CBC,NBC,RDS(HD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
MKQEX42.gif

Just make us proud again

Go Habs Go!
/

LN6zqWF.gif

oX4H3wj.jpg

Luck​

pine*

Official pre game starts in 6 hours. Wooohoooooooo.

All are invited to the pre game live from Singapore. Beers and liquor.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Is it too early to be pre-gaming?

Not here it isn't.
Time for a snooze and a follow up on the GDT with breakfast.
Very few negative vibes on the board thus far. A few posts were noted, then quickly and efficiently addressed by folks with positive thoughts. Stick around for a few hours if you can. The snuffing of negative thoughts has had a huge impact on the results of the games. :laugh:
Laugh if you will I am.

GHG

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Not here it isn't.
Time for a snooze and a follow up on the GDT with breakfast.
Very few negative vibes on the board thus far. A few posts were noted, then quickly and efficiently addressed by folks with positive thoughts. Stick around for a few hours if you can. The snuffing of negative thoughts has had a huge impact on the results of the games. :laugh:
Laugh if you will I am.

GHG

Where do you live? It's 22:44 here.

Depends on what levels of hangover can you handle.

Game's on at 9:30 in the morning for me. If I wake up with a hangover I'll have a bloody Mary or six to get rid of it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Where do you live? It's 22:44 here.

Game's on at 9:30 in the morning for me. If I wake up with a hangover I'll have a bloody Mary or six to get rid of it.

1:48 here.
Considering I'm as sober as a judge I really have no business being up right now.
Well I guess pre-game hype has it's attractions. Anticipation is a very cool drug.

GHG

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Therrien's forthcoming adjustments will be crucial for game 2. He must either bench or rearrage where last game's duds play so we don't replicate our "matchup losses" in that game. Our 1st(Vanek, Patches) and 4th(Briere, Vanek) had major losses in their matchups. Pleks' line a minor loss(Prust), while our 3rd won theirs.

- Leave first line alone alone let them work it out. Breaking up that line now is a panic and stupid move, and I'll be pissed it Therrien does it. This line takes a lot of attention from the Bruins. I am assuming Vanek is healthy. If not, we are ****ed anyway.
- Bournival for Prust on Plek's line. I think this could be very good against slow Boston D. Get them running around. Youth on wing, cannot beat it in PO.
-Third line does not change.
-Moen Prust Weiss 4th, only problem is FO. But a big bruising line for sure.

Briere sits, he can't handle the size and he's too old to play every PO game. Let him rest. Save him for round 3. Classic hidden depth weapon against Rags or Pens if we make it.

If Prust remains this hurt and ineffective, pull him for White in game 3. White is pretty good on FO, and he will bring more than a Prust at 50%.

Prust should have had surgery last summer. The Habs ****ed up on that. I never expected him to make it through this series and I still don't.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
- Leave first line alone alone let them work it out. Breaking up that line now is a panic and stupid move, and I'll be pissed it Therrien does it. This line takes a lot of attention from the Bruins.
- Bournival for Prust on Plek's line. I think this could be very good against slow Boston D. Youth on wing, cannot beat it in PO.
-Third line does not change.
-Moen Prust Weiss 4th, only problem is FO.

Briere sits, he can't handle the size and he's too old to play every PO game. Let him rest. Save him for round 3. Classic hidden depth weapon against Rags or Pens if we make it.

If Prust remains this hurt and ineffective, pull him for White in game 3. White is pretty good on FO, and he will bring more than a Prust at 50%.

Prust should have had surgery last summer. The Habs ****ed up on that.

The so called first line needs to be even at the very least by the time the final whistle blows.
It's one thing not to be scoring but something completely different to be giving up goals while not scoring. I agree now would be the ideal time to sit a Prust and a Briere. White can bring a surge of energy and certainly help on Dzone draws we got smoked pretty bad overall in the circles.
We also have to do a much better job against the Krejci line. They had way too much puck time and space for my liking. Address this and I love our chances in game two.

GHG

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Very interesting...
Boston played one of their best games against us in a long time.
They lost.
The Habs on the other hand except for one Goalie one line and a fortunate PP played like crap.
They may decide to try a more patient approach which to me plays in our favor.
They may also try to push as hard as they can which also may open them up.
I don't think they are that same team who could keep everything outside.
We will get our chances and if we get up again anything is possible.
The Bruins could end up being very tight. CJ says you don't get frustrated after losing game one.
Well you do... particularly in that fashion. If game two starts getting away the thermometer rises...

GHG

I wasn't able to watch past the 2nd period of game 1. What I saw, I mostly liked. We were staying away from the drama and we were able to handle their rushes (including the one that is a pick play covertly designed).

I've seen lots of posts saying how we were lucky to win and that we're in trouble against them if they play like that over the whole series.... well how bout we reverse that. If we had been dominant like they were in game one, and lost, we'd be worried that we squandered a great game and how hard it would be to repeat that type of performance ... I'm betting this is how the Bruins' and their fans feel.... GOOD. Clearly we're in Rask's head. Julien was, for him, too calm in the presser. He normally needs to complain about x,y, z. He didn't he even said the penalties were deserved ... when has he ever said this .... why? .... because he's looking across at a team that's not going to buy his BS or drink his koolaid. His normal whining etc... is only playing into our game. As much as we say we love it when they lose their cool with us .... we also feed on that. He's going to go all reverse psychology on us .... more proof that we're in their grill.

GO HABS GO

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I wasn't able to watch past the 2nd period of game 1. What I saw, I mostly liked. We were staying away from the drama and we were able to handle their rushes (including the one that is a pick play covertly designed).

I've seen lots of posts saying how we were lucky to win and that we're in trouble against them if they play like that over the whole series.... well how bout we reverse that. If we had been dominant like they were in game one, and lost, we'd be worried that we squandered a great game and how hard it would be to repeat that type of performance ... I'm betting this is how the Bruins' and their fans feel.... GOOD. Clearly we're in Rask's head. Julien was, for him, too calm in the presser. He normally needs to complain about x,y, z. He didn't he even said the penalties were deserved ... when has he ever said this .... why? .... because he's looking across at a team that's not going to buy his BS or drink his koolaid. His normal whining etc... is only playing into our game. As much as we say we love it when they lose their cool with us .... we also feed on that. He's going to go all reverse psychology on us .... more proof that we're in their grill.

GO HABS GO
The two periods you missed were the periods in which the Habs were mostly dominated.

Pr3Va1L

Jul 2, 2008
I agree with Briere sitting. I think Briere with Bournival made sense but if Bournival is gonna sit then there isn't enough skill on Briere's line to help Briere do anything good. Bournival is fast and responsible defensively and a great forechecker. I'd like to see him with Plekanec.

Bournival-Plekanec-Gallagher would be a fast two way first line.

Make 3 skill lines and a real grinding line. I just don't like Prust playing with Plekanec. It's not working that well either.

However if Bournival plays with Plekanec, you're left with Moen, Weise and Prust for a 4th line and no one to play center really.

The games Prust has played as a center, he wasn't that bad.
Would get eaten alive by Campbell in the faceoffs though..

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
P.K. BEAST MODE ENGAGED. LETS GO!!! For once I'm happy I was working midnight shifts! Already up for the game

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I'm probably going to miss the first two periods because I've been up all night drinking and waking up at 9am is just not happening.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
I hate that it's an afternoon game for the Habs, but for me it's perfect. The game will be at 1H30 AM here, so I will feel normal watching the game and getting wasted, instead of waking up hungover at 8 AM to catch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad