Value of: Adam Henrique

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Maybe a B prospect and a mid-round pick? It's hard to say.

What would the Ducks be looking for positionally? Between the Graves acquisition and Siegenthaler looking legit, the Devils have a glut of LHD prospects that could be up for grabs.

But I'm not convinced that's the type of deal the Devils should be making.

My thoughts are that we'd probably want someone who's a RHD or an LHD that can play on the right?

Thrun can play RD if needed, but our depth there is not great.

Otherwise it's goalscoring wingers, but I doubt that's something NJ would be totally thrilled with giving up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Any changes? I'm open for discussion
I’m actually not sure , lhd is kinda the area we’re most deep in, but I think value wise it’s in the ball park.
It’s almost hard to make trades being as deep as we are right now cause picks almost seem like a priority.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
To me if im anaheim and dont think im going to use my cap space over the next 2-3 years... id be interested in that idea... assuming we can get quality assets back from it .

The Ducks could totally do it, but the return would have to be worth it or they are better off just keeping him.

Oh I understand that Anaheim is not on the business of helping other teams, in this case a divisional rival, by holding 2.9 million in cap hit (and dollars?) for three seasons. At full pull I might not invest heavily in Henrique, despite his reasonably impressive history, because of that cap hit. At half though, that's looking very attractive.

A first would be a given, but what else would Anaheim be looking for? Roster players? Role players? Prospects? More picks?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe a B prospect and a mid-round pick? It's hard to say.

What would the Ducks be looking for positionally? Between the Graves acquisition and Siegenthaler looking legit, the Devils have a glut of LHD prospects that could be up for grabs.

But I'm not convinced that's the type of deal the Devils should be making.

The biggest thing Anaheim is missing is high end/elite talent at any position. Henrique obviously is not going to bring that back in a trade. Outside of that, they have depth at literally every position that projects to bottom 9/bottom 4 everywhere except RHD. Between NHL and AHL, Ducks can reasonably have guys that fill every spot in 5 years except maybe 2nd pair RHD (I'm not sure if Axel Andersson has that in him).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Oh I understand that Anaheim is not on the business of helping other teams, in this case a divisional rival, by holding 2.9 million in cap hit (and dollars?) for three seasons. At full pull I might not invest heavily in Henrique, despite his reasonably impressive history, because of that cap hit. At half though, that's looking very attractive.

A first would be a given, but what else would Anaheim be looking for? Roster players? Role players? Prospects? More picks?

that much retention is say
1st covers the retention/money

Henrique I’d be aiming at a 2nd + 4th, or prospect of equal value

Reactions: Cogburn

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim is in a playoff spot right now - would trading him even make sense at this point?
I think the team has to look at bigger picture…. I don’t think a cup is in our cards this year…. If we can get assets for pieces that don’t fit the future plans why not?
We also have a number of players that could be everyday players

carrick, leteiri, perreault at some point, mctavish

Rakell Jones and silf are currently injured but will eventually need spots available to them too

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think the team has to look at bigger picture…. I don’t think a cup is in our cards this year…. If we can get assets for pieces that don’t fit the future plans why not?
We also have a number of players that could be everyday players

carrick, leteiri, perreault at some point, mctavish

Rakell Jones and silf are currently injured but will eventually need spots available to them too
Makes sense - thank you!

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I mean....nothing? Wrong side of the age curve, declining production, and 2 seasons more after this making 5M+ with a 10 team NTC?

He'd likely pass through waivers again.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I mean....nothing? Wrong side of the age curve, declining production, and 2 seasons more after this making 5M+ with a 10 team NTC?

He'd likely pass through waivers again.
You should turn a game on if you want to act like you know what you're talking about.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
You should turn a game on if you want to act like you know what you're talking about.

The last 3 seasons (200 NHL games) show his play steadily declining. He has 230 or so games left on his contract just under 6M a year.

A good run of 14 games is supposed to move the needle on his value when there are literally seasons of evidence showing that he's on a downward trajectory?

He could be leading the league in scoring and his value would still be 0 at this point. 14 games is too small of a sample size to make conclusions when you have ample evidence that he's on a bad contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad