Player Discussion Adam Gaudette, Pt. II

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Exactly, he will just take a lil more time to reach that level but doesnt mean we need to keep putting negative ceilings on him or jamming our fingers in other posters face for hoping and preddying hed hit it this year...
Except putting his ceiling as a good 3C isn’t a negative take consider he’s a 5th rounder...
Dreaming him being a 1C is just being ridiculous

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Except putting his ceiling as a good 3C isn’t a negative take consider he’s a 5th rounder...
Dreaming him being a 1C is just being ridiculous

Yeah for real. Hoping he becomes a good 3rd line centre is a realistic and cautiously optimistic approach to his potential. He could very well end up like Kesler or Horvat, where they became legitimate top 6 scoring threats, but he could also be a reliable two-way centre like Malhotra. I'll be happy if he just sticks in the NHL and proves to be a useful player either way.

Reactions: Wildcarder

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
This player looks like he could become a contributor in the NHL. Not sure where that ends up being.... but he is a hockey player with potential.

I think having him play in the NHL right away has risks. Clearly, in some ways, he is adapting and learning quickly on the job. He has improved. But the lack of offence and confidence may become permanent at some point if he does not adapt and find a way to produce.

At this point, he has a new understanding of what it takes at this level, I am hoping he can take that, head to the AHL soon and gain some confidence putting up some points down there. The others down there have had a chance to adapt to the AHL and now could maybe provide a better partnership for him in that league. I imagine a line with Boucher and Dahlen could produce down there as Dahlen adapts and improves, and that AG could use some success.

Hoping for a return down there for him as Beagle and Sutter get back next month.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty apparent that Gaudette is squeezing the stick right now. Had a glorious look from right in the slot against the Jets, but passed off. I'd be more concerned if the kid wasn't getting any chances. But every he could easily have a couple with any puck-luck.

And more importantly, as a defensive center he isn't hurting the Canucks when he's out there. When he finally breaks through the goals will come in bunches. You can tell he's a scorer who just can't catch a break right now.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
does anyone know or have a link to why he chose 88? did he wear 8 in junior?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Although he's not scoring, Gaudette really isn't hurting the Canucks defensively. And given how many poor defensive forwards the Canucks have, that's saying something.

But with Beagle out Sutter gone long-term, they really don't have much of an option but to live with him. What gives me hope is that he might start scoring eventually is his work on the pp. You can see the potential there.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Has there been any talk of moving him to the wing?

Give him the opportunity to play with a player with offensive upside like Horvat or Pettersson.
I agree with DJ here, Gaudette next to Pettersson would be Gold

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
It’s great that he scored his first goal, the chances have been there and he has been creating offense and it was only a matter of time

If he stays in the lineup I’m wishing for a 10 goal 25 point season. I think he figures it out

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Fantastic for him ! I think he is already a top 9 player but w. Development and ice time in utica then i believe he can be top 6 for us.

My guess is were going to be looking to trade a forward or 2 at TDL and then re call Hockey Gaud.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'd have preferred to see the Canucks shop Sutter and keep Gaudette around as the third-line center, but I guess farming him out was the easiest solution. And Utica can clearly use somebody in the middle right now.

But the Canucks still have too many bodies. And Schaller -Del Zotto are basically a wasted assets sitting in the press-box night after night. I'd say the Canucks could both on waivers and not miss a step. But of course that move would make the GM and pro scouting staff look bad.

I have a gut feeling if they tried to sneak Biega through on waivers again, somebody with a hole on their blueline would nab him. He's been solid for the Canucks recently.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Fantastic for him ! I think he is already a top 9 player but w. Development and ice time in utica then i believe he can be top 6 for us.

My guess is were going to be looking to trade a forward or 2 at TDL and then re call Hockey Gaud.

5 points in 31 games is a 16 point pace. That is not a top 9 forward.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad