Player Discussion: Adam Fantilli

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
That sucks for Adam, he really wanted to get some games under his belt but it's understandable that Team Canada will favor someone who is more game ready and more experienced.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Is it just me or does this feel like deceptive marketing to have Fantilli show up at the Blue Line to sign autographs and offer people 40% off anything that has his old number on it? They better be letting fans know he has changed his number because I am sure there are many fans who don't already know.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Is it just me or does this feel like deceptive marketing to have Fantilli show up at the Blue Line to sign autographs and offer people 40% off anything that has his old number on it? They better be letting fans know he has changed his number because I am sure there are many fans who don't already know.

I think old number gear is cool in a hipster way. Proof that you were "all in" on a guy early on. If I saw a Kent Johnson #13 jersey on someone I would think it's really cool and rare.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I think old number gear is cool in a hipster way. Proof that you were "all in" on a guy early on. If I saw a Kent Johnson #13 jersey on someone I would think it's really cool and rare.
Yeah but this is after the fact...he announced he was changing numbers awhile ago. I think the CBJ should have given fans a discount to get the number changed on the jersey they bought in the past year.

Personally, it's why I never put a number on my jersey...just blank on the back. Been thinking about stealing an idea I saw last year in Nashville. A couple with Blues jerseys had "Road Trippin" on the name plate and stitched on the logos for all the away venues they had been to. I would already be up to eight (Montreal, Boston, NY Rangers, Islanders (two different barns), Philly, Pittsburgh, Florida and Tampa).

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Yeah but this is after the fact...he announced he was changing numbers awhile ago. I think the CBJ should have given fans a discount to get the number changed on the jersey they bought in the past year.

Personally, it's why I never put a number on my jersey...just blank on the back. Been thinking about stealing an idea I saw last year in Nashville. A couple with Blues jerseys had "Road Trippin" on the name plate and stitched on the logos for all the away venues they had been to. I would already be up to eight (Montreal, Boston, NY Rangers, Islanders (two different barns), Philly, Pittsburgh, Florida and Tampa).
On high-profile players it used to be almost customary to offer that discount on alternations.

Reactions: CBJx614

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
When JMFJ came in and wore #7, didn’t they replace the nameplates for free on jersies of he-who-shall-not-be-named?

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
IMG_9906.jpeg
good company

Reactions: CBJx614 and Xoggz22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad