Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
Why don't they the 18 yo kids play with players of their age in Sweden ? Why promote them with grown up men ?
He has 9 pts in 4 games this year in the J20 Nationell league in Sweden so I would assume he is just too good for that league.

Jul 6, 2016
He has 9 pts in 4 games this year in the J20 Nationell league in Sweden so I would assume he is just too good for that league.
And then he will have a handfull of points until the end of the season with the men's league.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Yeah. Why move him up so early ? Let him destroy at his level.
I don't have an answer but if management believe he is ready to play with the top team, then that is where he will play. They could also think that if he is too good for the junior team and kept him down there, then he could pick up some bad habits.

Jul 6, 2016
I don't have an answer but if management believe he is ready to play with the top team, then that is where he will play. They could also think that if he is too good for the junior team and kept him down there, then he could pick up some bad habits.
Is Swedish junior league way weaker than the three leagues in the CHL ? Maybe, it could had been good for him to play in Canada this year ???

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Is Swedish junior league way weaker than the three leagues in the CHL ? Maybe, it could had been good for him to play in Canada this year ???
I don't really know enough about the level of the Swedish junior league, some other posters would have a better idea. I don't have an issue with Engstrom playing in the top league as long as he plays regularly and he almost played 18 minutes today.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Why don't they the 18 yo kids play with players of their age in Sweden ? Why promote them with grown up men ?
The relegation system in European leagues entails a completely different approach (and IMO massively better) to prospect development compared to our tiered franchise system with the draft here in North America

they promote and send back young players constantly

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Often forget about him in the shuffle of our D's, but he has a high ceiling based on the clips I've seen and his determination to succeed.

Can he become a top pairing defenseman?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Often forget about him in the shuffle of our D's, but he has a high ceiling based on the clips I've seen and his determination to succeed.

Can he become a top pairing defenseman?

I think it's not really likely at the moment, but I'm still a big fan of him. He's an excellent skater, a big kid, and very confident with the puck. He really wants to make a difference, he tries to make a brilliant play quite often by using his excellent skating.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't generally believe in the swedish prospects we draft, but I do believe in Eggstrom.

Reactions: Wats

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Reading the piece, Bexell states:

My personal projection is that Engström will serve as a top four, if not top-pairing, defender for Sweden at the WJC.

I also liked the Swedish word for defensemen in the article. They are referred to as “backar”.
How did he go so late then? You'd think a top pair defenceman at the wjc would've been a first rounder. I mean, if he is top pair, even top 4, that's a big steal for the Habs.

Reactions: Runner77

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Somehow he seems much more of a legitimate prospect to me than Norlinder. Not sure if it's the fact he's already in the SHL or whatever.
I think Norlinder goes back to Europe sooner rather than later. He's not cracking the nhl lineup from what I've seen of him. He's showed a couple moves here and there in Laval, but isn't producing. To be fair though, none of them are down there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Norlinder goes back to Europe sooner rather than later. He's not cracking the nhl lineup from what I've seen of him. He's showed a couple moves here and there in Laval, but isn't producing. To be fair though, none of them are down there.

lol not producing? He's 1 point away from the league lead in points for rookie defensemen. He's got 5 pts in 11 career AHL games

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Somehow he seems much more of a legitimate prospect to me than Norlinder. Not sure if it's the fact he's already in the SHL or whatever.

so we'll see, at 19 Norlinder battled some injuries but still was named top prospect in Allsvenskan. Now Engstrom at 19 (in a little over 2 weeks) is in the SHL but how much will that help him, he's in the SHL but playing about 11 mins a game which is a little concerning vs being in say Allsvenskan and playing a ton (as he's too good for the J-20)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
lol not producing? He's 1 point away from the league lead in points for rookie defensemen. He's got 5 pts in 11 career AHL games
He has 3 assists this year. Have you watched him? He hasn't looked that great.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How did he go so late then? You'd think a top pair defenceman at the wjc would've been a first rounder. I mean, if he is top pair, even top 4, that's a big steal for the Habs.
He was buried behind prospects thst were more hyped. He also got much better real quick. Sometimes players just figure something out in a short while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad