Value of: Adam Boqvist to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think Montreal is more in the market for a filler-type RD. With Mailloux and Barron being young and ready to fill the top-4 RD slots in the long run...

That being said, I could see Mesar, Farrell, FLO's 1st as being on the table, but to me Beck seems like a high-end prospect at another key position. He isn't really available.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
i think a boqvist-dach swap could make sense.
I hear you on Columbus not wanting more wingers or prospects, but from the Montreal side, Dach would be off the table for Boqvist.

A Dach to Columbus trade would hurt a lot. It's not even remotely something Montreal considers unless there's a significant addition which you likely won't like. Dach is viewed as part of the future in Montreal.

And yes, I'm aware he was traded for Romanov, but that trade is considered a steal so far, and would not reflect Dach's current value to the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lockin17

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I just think that boqvist isn't a need for us.

Rather just hang on to Beck for that 3rd line C.
Not saying Beck has more value just Beck makes more sense.
Not getting into a rage over boqvist value
But i just read Dach for boqvist .
No wonder these threads go downward so fast.

Reactions: Lockin17

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
cbj has no reason to move boqvist for picks, prospects or wingers.

if they move him – and i'd imagine they're open for it – it'd either be for a similar center or, ideally, as a key piece in a bigger package going out from columbus to get an established center.

that said, if mtl ends up getting dubois, i think a boqvist-dach swap could make sense. which would be hilarious for chicago fans, i guess.
Sure, toss in CBJ's 1st this year and you got yourself a deal, :naughty:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Boqvist is ready to be a first PP QB so Montreal would seem to be the ideal landing spot for him. He can step into that offensive role and get a big increase in value.

I do think the Jackets trade him this summer or next. He will lose his offensive minutes to Jiricek.

From the Jackets perspective I really like Owen Beck and I would make that swap. I would not trade Boqvist for the 31st pick, I would expect another club to top that offer.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I thought he made good defensive strides the second half of the year when he came back from injury (he basically missed the first half). He's still only 22. I'd rather the Jackets keep him for now.

So, just in my opinion, the short answer is yes.
I understand he's only 22 and I think he still has more upside to come, but CBJ clearly has no place for him on the blueline now. What are they supposed to do with him?

Easily in the Columbus should keep category at this time. His value will continue to increase and he is the best PP QB on the team from the point. If Jiricek really forces his way onto the team and cant keep him out any longer then circle back on a deal but Im not the biggest fan of the deal proposed here.
There's Severson and Gudbranson (lol) on the right side. Then CBJ still has Jiricek, Blankenburg, and Peeke on the right. Then there are still guys like Bean and Christensen in the mix for minutes.

Where does he play?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
cbj has no reason to move boqvist for picks, prospects or wingers.

if they move him – and i'd imagine they're open for it – it'd either be for a similar center or, ideally, as a key piece in a bigger package going out from columbus to get an established center.

You can try holding out for that, but Boqvist's value is going to be limited to clubs that have a prime offensive role ready for him, and are rebuilding so they'll be patient waiting on his defense. In other words, you're trying to barter when this is naturally most likely going to be a currency trade.

that said, if mtl ends up getting dubois, i think a boqvist-dach swap could make sense. which would be hilarious for chicago fans, i guess.

Those two are not on the same planet in value.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I understand he's only 22 and I think he still has more upside to come, but CBJ clearly has no place for him on the blueline now. What are they supposed to do with him?

There's Severson and Gudbranson (lol) on the right side. Then CBJ still has Jiricek, Blankenburg, and Peeke on the right. Then there are still guys like Bean and Christensen in the mix for minutes.

Where does he play?

This coming year they could keep Jiricek in the AHL and give Boqvist top 4 ice time (likely next to Provorov).

He looked better running the PP than Werenski or Provorov have in years (if ever) so they could give him that opportunity and his value could jump up quite a bit. But if the Jackets aren't going to let Boqvist QB the PP then I think they might as well trade him now.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Where does he play?
Werenski-Severson Provorov-Boqvist Bean-Gudbranson seems like the simple thing to me. Jiricek can spend time trying to excel more in the AHL, Peeke can be traded, Blankenburg can also go to the AHL. Hes been a productive player when hes on the ice so Id like to see him in an actual system that has players on the same page. Either he excels and boosts his value or Jiricek takes his spot and you can still trade him for good value

Reactions: majormajor

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This coming year they could keep Jiricek in the AHL and give Boqvist top 4 ice time (likely next to Provorov).

He looked better running the PP than Werenski or Provorov have in years (if ever) so they could give him that opportunity and his value could jump up quite a bit. But if the Jackets aren't going to let Boqvist QB the PP then I think they might as well trade him now.

Werenski-Severson Provorov-Boqvist Bean-Gudbranson seems like the simple thing to me. Jiricek can spend time trying to excel more in the AHL, Peeke can be traded, Blankenburg can also go to the AHL. Hes been a productive player when hes on the ice so Id like to see him in an actual system that has players on the same page. Either he excels and boosts his value or Jiricek takes his spot and you can still trade him for good value
Given what we know of Babcock, I don't forsee him wanting to put Boqvist in a high leverage role or running the PP ahead of Werenski.

That really rules out the ideal places where he'd play. The problem with Severson and Boqvist are that they both need to be more sheltered, so having both in the top-four is not ideal. If Boqvist gets displaced, he won't have great value.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Given what we know of Babcock, I don't forsee him wanting to put Boqvist in a high leverage role or running the PP ahead of Werenski.

That really rules out the ideal places where he'd play. The problem with Severson and Boqvist are that they both need to be more sheltered, so having both in the top-four is not ideal. If Boqvist gets displaced, he won't have great value.
We've seen what Boqvist is, losing a spot to Jiricek isnt going to make people think hes a dud. We dont know what Babcock will do. Leaf fans cried that he wasnt giving Matthews enough minutes in important situations so I dont think he gives a damn about Werenski's contract. Babcock will do what gives the team the best chance to win and on the PP Boqvist is the best defenseman for the job

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
We've seen what Boqvist is, losing a spot to Jiricek isnt going to make people think hes a dud. We dont know what Babcock will do. Leaf fans cried that he wasnt giving Matthews enough minutes in important situations so I dont think he gives a damn about Werenski's contract. Babcock will do what gives the team the best chance to win and on the PP Boqvist is the best defenseman for the job
Underplaying a younger player (Matthews) in favour of veterans (like a washed-out Marleau) is exactly what I'm saying would happen to Boqvist. You've made my point stronger. In this instance that you brought up, Babcock did not do what gives the team the best chance to win. He sticks to his guns. It's his way or the highway.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
IF Jiricek make the team next year that means there is no more room for Boqvist.
Yes Jiricek might be ready allready, the trannig camp will tell.

Makes sense for CLB to trade him if not this year then next year.
My guess is CLB will want a Center
Beck + 2nd 2024 (avs) for Boqvist could start the conversation im sure.

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Maybe you wanna repeat that one more time in case @Viqsi hasn't seen it :wg:
trouble.gif

:ipeace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad