Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So with no thread and no real interest in this trade, I take it this new defensmen is nothing but depth for Hershey?

*edit*

Whyno answered my question:

Stephen Whyno‏@SWhyno
@WshSportsDude These are AHL deals done by Doug Yingst in Hershey, essentially.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A new d-man in Hershey..............???

:laugh:

Sad thing was it was not hard to see Poti and Erskine are oft injured. I mean its fine he cuts ties with a player but if within a week you have to burn a pick to replace him in the organization, it needs to at least be noted as a short term fail.

George seems far too often to have vendetta's against his own players. I don't know it for sure and it may happen in this volume on every other team, but I tend to doubt it. It appears more important to sever ties and risk needing to spend a draft pick than to live up to his own signing.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think someone heard Chara's pleas for help down in Hershey

Tinkerbell is getting busy

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
jeff-schultz-hows-the-wood-sid2.jpg

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Any interest in Miller guys?

Something around Holtby or Neuvirth and the Sabres need young top 6 potential wingers, draft picks

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
Any interest in Miller guys?

Something around Holtby or Neuvirth and the Sabres need young top 6 potential wingers, draft picks
I would take Miller over any goalie in the Caps system, he is a definite improvement and way above average unless your idea of hockey is statsturbation and winning trades.

But his contract means Buffalo will have to take back at least an overpaid grinder for a trade to work.

Liberati0n*

Keep in mind that Miller is a huge whiny baby, and also made one of the dirtiest plays in NHL history a couple of years ago when he tried to go Chris Simon on Lucic:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No.

Average goalie, at best, on a huge contract.

The Caps are better off sticking with their young, cost-controlled guys.

Jesus, if you think he's average at best, you must think the Caps current goalies are horrible.

There's average, then there's average on a putrid team. Miller is the latter (only he's already proven as an elite goalie).

I'd explore it. Only 1 year left at a high price. If the Caps are going to be reduced to a grinding coin flip team, they need much better goaltending. Hell they need much better goaltending regardless.

That said, I know McPhail would rather go with his cheap alternatives.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Jesus, if you think he's average at best, you must think the Caps current goalies are horrible.

There's average, then there's average on a putrid team. Miller is the latter.

I'd explore it. Only 1 year left at a high price. If the Caps are going to be reduced to a grinding coin flip team, they need much better goaltending. Hell they need much better goaltending regardless.

That said, I know McPhail would rather go with his cheap alternatives.

Look at Miller's stats. He's had one good year. Most overrated goalie in the league, easily. There are literally at least a dozen goalies I'd rather have. That's including Luongo, and you know how much I despise that contract.

Holtby's just as good of a goalie right now, but 9 years younger and on a massively cheaper contract.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Look at Miller's stats. He's had one good year. Most overrated goalie in the league, easily. There are literally at least a dozen goalies I'd rather have. That's including Luongo, and you know how much I despise that contract.

Holtby's just as good of a goalie right now, but 9 years younger and on a massively cheaper contract.

Totally agree. Miller is highly overrated and a huge loudmouth to boot. So he makes too much, isn't all that good and has a case of verbal diarrhea to boot.

Holtby, Neuvirth, and Grubauer are good young goalies who have nowhere to go but up.

I'd avoid Miller and Luongo like the plague.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Totally agree. Miller is highly overrated and a huge loudmouth to boot. So he makes too much, isn't all that good and has a case of verbal diarrhea to boot.

Holtby, Neuvirth, and Grubauer are good young goalies who have nowhere to go but up.

I'd avoid Miller and Luongo like the plague.

Come on...no where to go but up? Like Jim Carey up?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's a GROSS exaggeration to call him the most overrated goalie in the league. Convenient though...in a down year for the Sabres.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
He's in a toxic environment, so I'd expect him to improve a bit outside Buffalo, but... even that wouldn't be worth what he's being paid. 1 extra goal saved every 100 shots compared to, say, Holtby? Not worth the trade assets or the cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad