Abbotsford Canucks | Season Starting

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I starting watching in January 2019 and this is the best group of prospects during that span, easily.
Just feels like ... Players are developing. Who knows if they're NHLers. But it certainly feels like player development is doing everything they can here to have the best organizational depth possible.

Edit: the floor has definitely been raised. We'll see what the ceiling looks like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Klimovich playing like a man possessed.....what the hell happened?
I think that the coaching change has been good for Klimovich. And whatever the reason, he is not the utter rockhead that he was in years past. Could see that right from the first game this season. Mostly sound defensive positioning and has cut down on giveaways-- the latter issue still creeps in here and there, but even that now has as much to do with needing to polish his skills as it does with mental errors.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
A very good performance by the guys in the lineup given that there are some noticeable absences at present. Just one caveat: San Diego has been a perennial bottom feeder in recent seasons and appears to be headed again toward the same fate.
How does a farm system of a team that is rebuilding suck constantly.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Tolopilo - big, calm in the net. NHL back up qualities.
Woo - Does not have NHL qualities. He's like Mueller, tries hard but just lacks the skills to make it at the next level.
Raty - I thought he was too slow at making plays.

Reactions: Jay26 and Lindgren

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Utica went to the finals 1 year. Markie in net. Baertschi, Gaunce and I don't remember who else. AHL streamed all playoff gms for free that year.
The Moose went to the finals too. Anyways I was coming at this from a player development & organizational depth perspective, certainly feels like they've raised the floor on prospect quality. Remains to be seen if they've raised the ceiling as well.

Reactions: Lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Best players on the ice last night in no particular order were Klimovich (first star); Kudryavtsev, Pettersson, Lekkerimaki, Raty and Mueller.

Been a long time since a group of young guys barely 20, have had that kind of impact in their first few AHL games. It's a long season, and undoubtedly a few of them will hit the wall a few times before it's over.

But after what seems like eons, Canucks fans have some bonafide 'prospects' to actually cheer for on their AHL farm team.. And the list doesn't even include Wilander and Mynio, who might well be 1-2 in terms of their prospect blueliners.

Reactions: arttk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad