OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Also, no investment on the stadium in the near future. Gervais said he's waiting to see what's the long term vision with the Olympic Park.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Also, no investment on the stadium in the near future. Gervais said he's waiting to see what's the long term vision with the Olympic Park.
If the BOG is dumb enough to go with the mostly winter schedule, this will have to get on the fast track in a hurry. Unless someone can produce an indoor stadium out of thin air, this is the only option possible. Now is the time to sit with the city and the government and talk business.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If Martinez ends up leaving, I'd believe the attempted trade in August between Martinez and Karol Swiderski will happen this winter as Charlotte is expected to be pushing heavy again for Almiron this winter.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Is Luca Saputo the sporting director?

Did someone ask the question?

I know somebody asked about Cory Wray though. Gervais said he was still a consultant and that he had a moderate impact in bringing in JMR and Clark (but those players were already in their list)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I read somewhere on my phone that the league plans to play all winter?

It looks stupid, but when you break it down, it's kinda feasible. The only thing is that Saputo stadium is not currently well adapted to something like that.

Would be two regular seasons and championships, like the mexican league.

But on the winter window, we'd play most of it on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsDood

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I read somewhere on my phone that the league plans to play all winter?

If you really break it down, it's not that bad of an idea.

I think why they're pushing it for earlier than intended is because Cincy, LAFC and Charlotte all failed to sign players before the end of the transfer window and weren't happy about it. If we follow the European season, transfers would be dealt with less hurdles.

Cincy were negotiating for Josh Sargent for a 20 million transfer (his team wanted 25), Charlotte wanted Almiron for 9m but Newcastle set his price at around 15, LAFC after Griezmann but Atletico were asking for 18, but they all fell through because of the early deadline and no time to negotiate.

I'm a fan of it just because in the summer so much is happening, (traveling, more family time, festivities). As for the weather, it only gets REALLY cold in January/February, so you'd play close to 6-8 games on the road OR get 2-3 bye weeks OR you could use the renovated big O OR the whole league is on break.

If you've been to Miami or Texas in July, it's unpleasant and I did hear from friends that San Diego's weather is even worse in August. Our winter is getting shorter by the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad