Abbotsford Canucks | Season Starting

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Some are better than others. But it can get pretty bad. OHL production is like 2x as good as most AHL productions.
That's rough. I used to catch Rockets games when I still lived in Kelowna and they were basic, but at least they didn't try to spice it up with a bunch of low-budget state-fair nonsense.

Reactions: WTG

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't watch many AHL games. Is this level of production and pageantry what I should expect? If it is I may find myself being selective in which games I catch.

It's all over the place.

Some (mostly the California teams) have pretty good commentary and an awareness that Abbotsford fans will be listening. Some are terrible. The Colorado guys were literally talking about wanting to fight Jett Woo last year. The Tucson PBP guy - and I'm not joking here - will literally go 10 minutes of game time without mentioning the name of an Abbotsford player, and calls all the Tucson guys by their first names like he's their drinking buddy. Some camera positions are decent, some (Ontario) are just godawful.

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
The official word is that he's been dealing with an illness. Given some of the stuff going around these days and his already spare frame, I don't doubt they'll want him 110% before putting him over the boards.
Right just feels odd since the pre-season was so long ago. But nice to know he's not being benched to observe from a far which also would be strange to begin with. Hopefully the illness doesn't hurt his on ice performance early on.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I share that hope and would love it if the team could give an update on his status.

There are literally no updates ever on injury statuses for Abbotsford players.

Guys will just disappear and you'll have no idea if they're injured or healthy scratched, and you'll only kind of realize they're injured when they miss their 8th game in a row. You'll only actually know a guy is injured if you watch him get carried off the ice in a previous game. I still don't think anyone has any idea if Klimovich was mostly injured or mostly healthy scratched last year.

The team doesn't care enough to provide fans the information, and nobody in the media cares enough to get it from them. It's really frustrating.

Ad

Ad

Ad